What's new

NOVEMBER 2017 SCORES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Great score! Envious of the Old Spice, Seaforth and Sun Up.
Thanks Ron! Yeah I’ve been looking for an OS mug, and also have had a passing interest in the Sun Up AS (admittedly after the B&M Classic was released). So when I saw this lot pop up I kept an eye on it, and apparently there wasn’t much interest as I got it for what I considered a pretty darn good price... looking forward to trying it all out

Thanks Ron! Yeah I’ve been looking for an OS mug, and also have had a passing interest in the Sun Up AS (admittedly after the B&M Classic was released). So when I saw this lot pop up I kept an eye on it, and apparently there wasn’t much interest as I got it for what I considered a pretty darn good price... looking forward to trying it all out
Love it when there's little interest in an auction item I really want!

In my constant search for a better razor, I came across a vintage Beter Razor from Spain. Prepped it for tonight's shave, but initial impressions are that I continue the search for a better razor.
DSC01884.JPG

Long day at work so it was awesome to come home to find that USPS delivered the following. Very excited to try the new DE razor and eventually try all of the samples, especially the ones from B&M.

I'm now on the lookout for some holiday scented soaps/creams and AS. AD is hitting me pretty well today.
Shaving_items_scored_today.jpg

Did_I_Buy_Too_Much.JPG

Long day at work so it was awesome to come home to find that USPS delivered the following. Very excited to try the new DE razor and eventually try all of the samples, especially the ones from B&M.

I'm now on the lookout for some holiday scented soaps/creams and AS. AD is hitting me pretty well today.
View attachment 838138

View attachment 838139
Beautiful Razor, I would suggest trying Stirling Christmas Eve, it smells like Christmas in a 5.8 oz tub

I mentioned that I was interested in safety razors while at the family thanksgiving yesterday. Today I walked in to a gift of two safety razors that had been gathering dust. One looks to be a '66 flare tip super speed and the second is the attached (I think) 1920's ball end old type that has lost its plating. Just like that I tripled my razor count overnight and have to (shucks) figure out how best to clean them (enjoying the plethora of information on this site).
Old Type.jpg

Past two days the USPS has been very busy.

Vintage Ben Hur Slant
Roller Guard base plate
Stone Cottage Shaving sampler of the latest scents
Two Stirling boar brushes
Stirling Barbershop sample
Hasslinger's Schafmilch transferred to a tub.

Where do I start?
DSC01898.JPG

Browsing an antique store with my wife and found a brush and mug going as a "set". The mug was just a run-of-the-mill Avon (which I already have), but the brush was an Ever-Ready 150 in great condition. Then I looked IN the mug...
20171125_171233.jpg 20171125_171250.jpg
The brush, spare mug, and a puck of vintage Williams for $13? Just on principle, I talked them down to $11. I consider that a decent deal.

Got the puck and brush soaking for their inaugural shave later this evening. My first vintage Williams experience!

I mentioned that I was interested in safety razors while at the family thanksgiving yesterday. Today I walked in to a gift of two safety razors that had been gathering dust. One looks to be a '66 flare tip super speed and the second is the attached (I think) 1920's ball end old type that has lost its plating. Just like that I tripled my razor count overnight and have to (shucks) figure out how best to clean them (enjoying the plethora of information on this site).
View attachment 839869
Excellent way to increase the razors in the den. Both are fine razors. I always get a great shave my Old Types.

Past two days the USPS has been very busy.

Vintage Ben Hur Slant
Roller Guard base plate
Stone Cottage Shaving sampler of the latest scents
Two Stirling boar brushes
Stirling Barbershop sample
Hasslinger's Schafmilch transferred to a tub.

Where do I start?
View attachment 839949
Congrats on a nice haul! You always manage to find some neat pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom