What's new

NOVEMBER 2017 SCORES

Status
Not open for further replies.
These came today.

View attachment 835748

I've been waiting for these to come back in stock for quite a while. But once they are sold out they are gone forever.

View attachment 835750

View attachment 835751

View attachment 835752

View attachment 835753

I think I'll try this iKon SBS head on the iKon Bamboo handle tomorrow. A 4-in-1 base plate. One side of the flip is supposed to be more aggressive but I'm not sure which (though there are different designed on them). I guess I'll find out over time.
I've read that the side with the cross lines should be the more aggressive one.

Excited to try some new samples.
proxy.php

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

early mail call from Thursday

I won an Instagram contest from Strike Gold Shave Co. about a week ago for a tto razor and a sample of their shave soap, full review to follow in the future
proxy.php

The next package came in this morning, I had been looking for a nice vintage OS bottle to decant some Shulton OS into, and this one seemed to fit the bill, The following picture came off an OS collectors page detailing today's score
proxy.php

and here mine which I promptly filled up with some vintage Shulton
proxy.php

proxy.php

Mail Call from the Bay! The razor blades are ERFA Auslese - one pack of 10 still in its wrapper, and another 4 from an opened tuck. Likely from the 1950s, in the German Democratic Republic. I was surprised by the marks on the blades themselves, which almost look like they were handwritten. Most likely an early metal etcher. The blades themselves seem very thin, and the first one I opened actually had broken through near one of the holes (you can kind of see in the one picture). I'm debating whether or not I am going to risk shaving with one of these puppies...

I'm definitely more excited for the razor though! There are no markings on it whatsoever, aside from the diagonal etchings on the open comb. It came in the "Brillant" (not "Brilliant") box, but doesn't match the razor that is depicted. I suspect that, given where it came from, it's also 1950s GDR in original, maybe a clone of some Gillette model? The razor itself is rather small (US penny and UK pound coin for scale), but it's heavier than my Merkur 23C. Slight bit of rust in the threading, but overall it should clean up very nicely! It's also my first open comb razor, so that should be fun!

early mail call from Thursday

I won an Instagram contest from Strike Gold Shave Co. about a week ago for a tto razor and a sample of their shave soap, full review to follow in the future
proxy.php

The next package came in this morning, I had been looking for a nice vintage OS bottle to decant some Shulton OS into, and this one seemed to fit the bill, The following picture came off an OS collectors page detailing today's score
proxy.php

and here mine which I promptly filled up with some vintage Shulton
proxy.php

proxy.php
Great acquisitions, Chris, especially the OS bottle.

Mail Call from the Bay! The razor blades are ERFA Auslese - one pack of 10 still in its wrapper, and another 4 from an opened tuck. Likely from the 1950s, in the German Democratic Republic. I was surprised by the marks on the blades themselves, which almost look like they were handwritten. Most likely an early metal etcher. The blades themselves seem very thin, and the first one I opened actually had broken through near one of the holes (you can kind of see in the one picture). I'm debating whether or not I am going to risk shaving with one of these puppies...

I'm definitely more excited for the razor though! There are no markings on it whatsoever, aside from the diagonal etchings on the open comb. It came in the "Brillant" (not "Brilliant") box, but doesn't match the razor that is depicted. I suspect that, given where it came from, it's also 1950s GDR in original, maybe a clone of some Gillette model? The razor itself is rather small (US penny and UK pound coin for scale), but it's heavier than my Merkur 23C. Slight bit of rust in the threading, but overall it should clean up very nicely! It's also my first open comb razor, so that should be fun!

That is way cool! Congrats!

I won an unused Paladin the other day. It is a purple haze Moe and is shown here with my other Paladins, a lapis Falstaff and an ivory Chief.
DSCN1598.JPG
RSCN1601.JPG

Excellent score, Chris. Great soap and AS. Ever wonder about the symbol on the label? I thinks it's a sly reference to old Old Spice TV commercials.
You are spot on with the reference to the old commercials, I shaved with the setup today and was impressed with the performance, very slick and protective. I just noticed that it did not make mounds of lather but it was very slick and the scent is pretty much spot on to Old Spice, I grew up using that cologne and aftershave and soaps and it has always held a soft spot in my heart. I have an order from Stirling coming in next week with their version of OS (Sterling Spice) to continue my search for the scent of my youth. The Jubilee bottle was a off the cuff find from one night of searching the bay for various items and this one popped up, I had never heard of the jubilee bottle, I just saw cobalt blue (which I love) and had to have it.

Very cool comb design on that! Nice find, I'm interested to hear your feedback on that I hope you'll post some thoughts after you give it a run.

Grabbed this lot on the 'bay last night while drinking and surfing/bidding (don't pretend I'm the only one who's done it...)

Also have a Japanese-handle Feather AC razor on the way from a pickup off one of the other boards. Will be my first foray into the AC-blade setup.

proxy.php

Grabbed this lot on the 'bay last night while drinking and surfing/bidding (don't pretend I'm the only one who's done it...)

Also have a Japanese-handle Feather AC razor on the way from a pickup off one of the other boards. Will be my first foray into the AC-blade setup.

proxy.php
Wow! Great score! Envious of the Old Spice, Seaforth and Sun Up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom