What's new

November 2016 Scores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never had much luck with B&M scores (excepting a single 8/8" geo wost many many years ago).

Went out xmas shopping at some local antique shops. Managed to snag an old spice mug with soap (still scented, but that may be more the wrapping than the soap), and a 5x1.5" watchmakers washita (Lily white or similar grade). Nothing too amazing, but pretty decent pickups.

We had an out-of-town visitor over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend and she's an antique buff, so we had a chance to visit several large multi-vendor antique malls. I think I had very successful shopping trips!

The brush is a nice butterscotch Erskine, which will be restored with a new knot. There's a very clean Ever-Ready SE razor (chrome, ornate handle, 1912-style head), a long-comb NEW Gillette DE razor, a Gillette Goodwill DE razor, and finally, a lovely, immaculate WW1-vintage Gillette U.S. Service Set.

Larry is a happy boy! :thumbup1:

$IMG_3697.jpg

$IMG_3698.jpg

$IMG_3699.jpg

Never had much luck with B&M scores (excepting a single 8/8" geo wost many many years ago).

Went out xmas shopping at some local antique shops. Managed to snag an old spice mug with soap (still scented, but that may be more the wrapping than the soap), and a 5x1.5" watchmakers washita (Lily white or similar grade). Nothing too amazing, but pretty decent pickups.

Congrats.

We had an out-of-town visitor over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend and she's an antique buff, so we had a chance to visit several large multi-vendor antique malls. I think I had very successful shopping trips!

The brush is a nice butterscotch Erskine, which will be restored with a new knot. There's a very clean Ever-Ready SE razor (chrome, ornate handle, 1912-style head), a long-comb NEW Gillette DE razor, a Gillette Goodwill DE razor, and finally, a lovely, immaculate WW1-vintage Gillette U.S. Service Set.

Larry is a happy boy! :thumbup1:

View attachment 705692

View attachment 705693

View attachment 705694

Congrats, Larry. Great score!

For November, from the sublime to the......not quite sublime:

a. a WSP Stubby in High Mountain White

b. a bottle of Aqua Velva Ice Sport aftershave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom