What's new

Nothing Rare But I Hope A Nice Representation

It has been almost a year since I got back into DE wet shaving. I bought an EJ DE89 thinking at the time I would save some money over cart. shaving. I am sure that there are many in this forum that have managed to do just that, but not me, oh no. I got a vintage Gillette and can I say.... "LET THE RAD BEGIN!" I have saved nothing! Oh contraire! But, I have a hobby that I thoroughly enjoy and I am experiencing some of the best shaves that I have ever had.

Here are the razors I have acquired so far. I shave with all of these except for my birth year razors ('48 SS & Aristocrat) which appear to be unused and I want to keep them that way. Oh, and the 2 straights, I don't shave with those either. (Tremor) They will be on the BST soon.

$DSC_0154.jpg

My Current Rotation
$DSC_0155.jpg

$DSC_0156.jpg

$DSC_0157.jpg

Non Gillette
$DSC_0158.jpg

Very.very nice. We need some close-ups. I love that you shave with them all. This makes me feel that I need to find some cases for mine.
Thanks for sharing.

Have you tried to take the stahley head and put it on a different handle? It's not the closest shave, but it sure is easy!

-jim

Rare or not those are some nice pieces. What do your friends think when they see this? Congrats on a nice collection.

Have you tried to take the stahley head and put it on a different handle? It's not the closest shave, but it sure is easy! jim

So far I have only shaved with the Stahly using the Live handle but it is quite a good shaving razor. I'll have to give it a try on The Bulldog II.

Rare or not those are some nice pieces. What do your friends think when they see this? Congrats on a nice collection.

My friends think I am crazy but they are still Cart. shavers and still have jobs. I am on disability and I need a hobby.

You have a beautiful collection. It doesn't need to be rare…. you have some real keepers in there. I hope, yet am also afraid, that one day I might have a collection like yours!! :thumbup1:

- Badger Bill

Thanks for the kind words Gents. A lot of compliments on how they are displayed so I thought in light of that It is only right to post a wide shot of the entire cabinet and hope it doesn't change everyone's mind. The right side has my assortment of pocket and hunting knives. Almost all of the pocket knives are unclaimed lost and found from a Scout Camp I worked at for 10 years.

$DSC_0159.jpg

Top Bottom