What's new

Not understanding any coolness factor with stubble

So they are doing it to support them I take it. I think it Jimmy's case it's going againt them. I can hardly look at the guy.

Ya. A show of solidarity. The performers are in a different union, and won't vote to avoid crossing the picket line, because of course, "the show must go on"
So the lack of shaving takes the situation to people outside of New York/Hollywood/Burbank who can't see the pickets.

Last time, Letterman ended up with a nice beard, but looked absolutely horrible with the unshaven neck.

"I reflexively look in their eyes too to see if they're on something." hahahaha ... You sound like the shave police.

That is funny. You can't be serious, otherwise that's scary and maybe you need a sip on grandpa's ole cough medicine . We love stubble here! It's why we keep coming back. It keeps our hobby alive.

I think it's a mistake to judge shaving on its own. It's just a part of the one's style - clothing, shoes, fragrance, language, manners. Our problem is we try to isolate it from the context. Grooming style makes a statement who we are and our attitude towards others the same way and together with the rest of the signs others see. On one hand, the style is dictated by the environment and the current trends we are in - professional, school, age, art, etc. On the other hand, we have to find our own genuine style that represents us who we are. Failing to accomplish either one (environment and self esteem) will make us look fake, rebellious, or out of place, and it will upset the critics. So, the key for me is the word "appropriately" - groomed, shaved, dressed, behaved, etc. Ignoring the expectations of the environment will cause negative reactions and rejection. Not presenting ourselves genuinly will make us look insincere and will make others be suspicious. Showing respect to those who judge us leads to fair appreciation and respect as a response. So, shave, groom, and dress appropriately for the occasion and where you're going - work, the club, a sport event, the family, etc. You're welcomed by how you look and seen out by how smart you are.

Last edited:
Top Bottom