What's new

Not too impressed with Derbys

I started off with Derbys. Got the 100 pack and went through half of it before trying any other blades. Now they're like a 'comfort' blade for me. I can go back to them at any point and get a great shave. They're sharp, but very forgiving.

My only gripe is that they don't seem to be the most consistent blades (I've had to throw out several earlier than I would have liked).

Very good blades, IMHO.

Derbys give me a close shave without much irritation. I tried a Feather again yesterday and it tore me up pretty good.:mad3:

I prefer Derby Blades but the Red IP's are very good as well...and you can't beat the price on either for the outcome.

I prefer the red IP's. The Derby's are a close second. With my 39c, the reds are perfect from the start, but only last 4 shaves. The Derby's are perfect only from day 3, but last a bit longer. I will try corking them before my first shave.

I thought the Derby's were OK at first, nothing too special. I switched to Feather's, then to Swedes, then back to Derby and have come to realize that the Derby works best for me (no irritation). I've used them now exclusively for a couple of months and am getting excellent results.

I'm coming to realise that YMMV is SO true when it comes to this shaving stuff!

I was completely the opposite. I got far better results with Feathers than with Derbys. They slice through my tough-ish beard, they don't give me irritation. I find Derbys pull (they don't seem that sharp to me) and I always get irritation with them, no matter which cream/soap I use!

May be the Polymer coating on the blade that I'm allergic to!

Top Bottom