What's new

Not this one!

I’ve had this beauty for quite some time and paid a premium for it. Out of the 7 Case razor listings this is one of the more valuable. Etching, MOP, scale. More so.
Spotted it a while ago and prayed against all odds. Separated it from my others . Cleaned it ( hope springs eternal, but I knew) and lo and behold the dreaded gassing of scales.
The pattern of rust repeated matching the scales. If you look closely there is less rust where the white stripes are even though they’re very thin. The more pigment the less gassing.
Time to restore and rescale.
34DB6ADF-CFF4-41E6-9146-541AA87C9AF6.jpeg

7AFDA836-E5B1-45ED-AFF6-F6ABE9860C6D.jpeg
D2E4A1FE-4B9E-455F-A9A2-E66797D6FC5D.jpeg
80C73F75-1424-4BD4-8571-E1AC47C7F022.jpeg

Last edited:

duke762

Rose to the occasion
I've heard of the out gassing curse but your pictures are worth a thousand words. Isn't there any way to save them? Dipped in a coating of some kind?......Some kind of finish to seal it in?

I've heard of the out gassing curse but your pictures are worth a thousand words. Isn't there any way to save them? Dipped in a coating of some kind?......Some kind of finish to seal it in?
Sadly no. None at all. The same thing that destroys old movie film on celluloid. Once it starts you can’t stop it. Many have tried. Sealers, temperature, environment.
Nothing works. There one minute. Gone the next. Very unstable. The only celluloid that isn’t as vulnerable are ones with more pigment. The white lines in my scales vs. the clearer orange sections. Just where you see more or less rust on the steel.
And put this near a flame? Like napalm. Just crazy.

Top Bottom