What's new

Not that impressed with Chubby 2

S

Sam

Well, I got it in best and I am not all that impressed with it, not compared to the softness of my XXL Shavemac. I am perhaps desirous of selling it, so who was it that said they would buy it?

I am thinking of either a Rooney medium in super or a Plisson HMW size 14 or 16

Sam

Sam, I had the opposite experience. I really like this brush. It is perfect for soaps. Nevertheless, it does lather creams well. It does not splay and I like the scrubby feeling.

Dunno - I have this brush in Super and do not know if it is any different. I like it quite a bit myself and have used my original Vulfix just twice since receiving it.

Dennis

It sounds like you love your Shavemac, so a SR may be the obvious choice, or maybe a custom Shavemac in Finest badger.
Cheers, DJ.

S

Sam

Well, I have XXL Shavemac at the top, but Chubby #2. My SMF1 pales compared to the XXL and I had a 23mm Shavemac I liked even less. Not that it was bad, just too small comparatively. I may be overreacting, as the CHubby 2 has about 7 shaves on it, if that many. The black Plisson takes care of scrubbing. If I got another Shavemac, it would be the XL or L, nothing smaller than SMF1 and I would get extra hair for sure

Sam

If you're not looking for a scrubber, you can't go wrong with a Rooney. The Super is much softer than my Simpson or Shavemac. Very dense too.

S

Sam

Tony, I had read your post over at SMF and that is why I think I am not impressed with my CHubby 2. If the Kent BK 8 was as dense as the Chubby, IMO, it would be the perfect brush. The chubby is not that soft, but Gordon has said it will soften over time. Sometimes it retains a lot of lather and sometimes not. The Shavemacs always did and so does the Black Plisson

Sam

Top Bottom