What's new

not sure about the white stitching on these black boots

Sorry to be later to the party.

Isn't the light colored stitiching the standard Doc Marten's look, and thus a classic look in boots? Love it or hate it, a very common style. I happen to "love it." But I have never actually owned any Doc Martens.

I may never own any brightly colored shoe/boot laces either, but I predict that, however jarring it may seem right not to some folks, maybe including me, it is a style that is going to catch on and be very popular, and may become classic, or at least unremarkable. I rather like the idea. Not feeling bold enough to go there myself, though.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Isn't the light colored stitiching the standard Doc Marten's look, and thus a classic look in boots? Love it or hate it, a very common style. I happen to "love it." But I have never actually owned any Doc Martens.

Docs use yellow thread for the contrast stitching. It's kind of their "thing". But there are lots of boots out there with contrast stitching (mostly white or off-white) and it basically is just a way of making the boots a bit more casual in appearance. (Ditto shoes, of course.)

Top Bottom