What's new

Not really a knife guy

Not really a knife guy but saw this and just love vintage stuff, from what I can gather this particular Ka-Bar 1207 was made from the mid 60’s until the 80’s but not 100% sure, the knife upon looking at it closely was used rarely and has been sharpened at least a few times but is in overall great condition so just wanted to share.

54C5A6A5-05CB-4038-99DE-2E42EED8AB9F.jpeg

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Cool! Dad had one about like that except it was a bit longer and had the stacked leather on the handle...marine corp type of K-Bar.

Cool! Dad had one about like that except it was a bit longer and had the stacked leather on the handle...marine corp type of K-Bar.
I have several of those, 1 WW2 Ka-bar USMC version, and 2 USN WW2 Camillus Navy MK2s, along with a modern (well 70's) USMC Ka-Bar, an Ontario 498, and Camillus 1219C.

I actually just sold 6 of my WW2 Ka-Bars. I guess KAD is a thing too LOL.

@Jnatcat , sweet blade!!

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
except it ... had the stacked leather

Doesn't the one in the OP's photo also have stacked leather? I presume you mean your knife had the style of stacked leather with the black grooves cut in at intervals ...

proxy.php

... but my understanding of "stacked leather handle" would encompass both knives. (Or am I out to lunch? It happens from time to time, I am told ...)

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Doesn't the one in the OP's photo also have stacked leather? I presume you mean your knife had the style of stacked leather with the black grooves cut in at intervals ...

proxy.php

... but my understanding of "stacked leather handle" would encompass both knives. (Or am I out to lunch? It happens from time to time, I am told ...)

That's it...expect Dad's didn't have the "stealth" black blade coating, and the leather wasn't black. I wish that thing was still available to me. It got lost over the years.

Ummm...I'm not seeing the stacked leather in the handle of the OP's nice wood handled one.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Ummm...I'm not seeing the stacked leather in the handle of the OP's nice wood handled one.

Umm ... I'm not seeing the wood in the handle of the OP's nice stacked-leather-handled one.

Actually, it looks a lot like this one ...

proxy.php

... which knifecenter.com sells and describes as having a stacked leather handle.

I don't care if they claim it has a stacked leather handle or not...it doesn't look like the original ones.

Dad's just didn't have the black blade...I think. I have been known to be wrong though.

That aside...Ka-Bar's are great knives.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
I don't care if they claim it has a stacked leather handle or not...it doesn't look like the original ones.

Dad's just didn't have the black blade...I think. I have been known to be wrong though.

That aside...Ka-Bar's are great knives.
Hmmm.

Some "Stacked Leather handles" from WWII and just post WWII:

Kabar, Cattaraugus, Kabar:
proxy.php

Marbles (newer on top, older on bottom):
proxy.php

Western:
proxy.php

And modern example of Kabar:
proxy.php

The modern Kabar I gave to a neighbor who had served on our Merchant Marine in the Pacific during WWII. All too often they traveled with no protection in areas where only fools and the very brave dared.

Top Bottom