What's new

Not much love for Parker injector razor ? Worth the try ?

Hi !

I am putting my toe in injector razors world.

Reserchead about Parker Adjustable Injector released two year ago but find only a few topic here with mixed opinions.

Does it worth the US$ 34 ? Or better spent this money with the vintage ones ?

I just got a beautiful Schick adjustable at auctions site in my country, plus some blades. Still to arrive.

There is not a big difference, but I do prefer the vintage Schicks over the modern Parker, particularly the G and J, as they have a little more efficiency and a ton more style (and a lower price).

Overall, I do like the Parker DE razors I have tried. I am particularly a fan of the Parker semi-slant. I have not tried the Parker injector razor, so I cannot comment specifically, but it looks like the Parker is a copy of the Schick Type M Adjustable, other than the adjustment handle is a little classier.

I purchased a Schick Type M NOS razor and still use it occasionally, but it is not adjustable. That is the same razor I first used as a teenager. If you do get an injector razor, I recommend the Chinese made Schick blades. I like them even better than vintage Schick blades.

Overall, I do like the Parker DE razors I have tried. I am particularly a fan of the Parker semi-slant. I have not tried the Parker injector razor, so I cannot comment specifically, but it looks like the Parker is a copy of the Schick Type M Adjustable, other than the adjustment handle is a little classier.

I purchased a Schick Type M NOS razor and still use it occasionally, but it is not adjustable. That is the same razor I first used as a teenager. If you do get an injector razor, I recommend the Chinese made Schick blades. I like them even better than vintage Schick blades.
I got interested in it just because I have some other Parkers like slant and adjustable. While may be not top notch in terms of quality they are pretty decent for the price paid and mainly, they shave very well.

Looks lite it is the only injector razor still made nowadays.

The price of the parker seems to have gone a little. I bought one late last year as I'd never had a good injector shave and wanted something cheap to practice with. I found that setting 4 or 5 was the best for me and it persistently gives DFS. It also is able to take the double edged injector blades to for even more experimentation.

Reactions: edw
I like my Parker, but like many here I find myself using it on the highest setting. It shaves great in that setting, but many people like something more agressive. If you want a mild razor to start, it might be a good fit for you. For a bit more money you can get a Supply SE or their Pro adjustable. The Pro is one fine shaving tool!

It’s a mild razor, even on the highest setting. I like it and use it sometimes. It is pretty worry-free

Well I will settle with a Schick injector for a while. I found some apparently unused here in my country. And some blades also at auctions site.

Maybe later I get a Parker to try if I really enjoy the injectors experience.

20220702_143207.jpg

I have the Parker v1 and the Schick M3 adjustable. I like both quite a bit, and use them both regularly. They are different takes on the adjustable injector. The shaves are not radically different, but there are differences. I have a fairly course beard, and find out the Parker set on 4 to 5 works extremely well. In fact I usually lower it to three and then two for the second and third passes. The M3 is similar in aggressiveness on settings 1-5 , but can get more aggressive. I probably like the schick a little better, and if I had to choose one, I would use the M3. But I also like the Parker. If you like the look of the parker better, you find the Schick adjustable too pricey, or are worried about quality of a used razor, the Parker is a very good razor at a fair price.
As for blades, I find the suppy co backs from Japan and the Schick yellows from china to be excellent- with a slight preference for the blacks. (A tad smoother at first, maybe they last a little longer). The persona and the dozens of different brands they are sold under are unusable for me. I rairly say this about a blade.

I recently purchased a Parker Adjustable Injector Razor v2 and I like it! I just had my 3rd shave with it and I am getting smooth, comfortable and close shaves using the included Parker Injector blades. I like it so much that I just purchased some Schick Injector blades to try to see how they compare. I am glad I dipped my toe into the Injector Razor world and look forward to trying some different additional vintage Schick Injector Razors as well but I will definitely hang on to my Parker too.

Top Bottom