What's new

Not looking good for MLB season

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
They agreed to continue the season when the following stipulations were met - - -

• There are no bans on mass gatherings that would limit the ability to play in front of fans. However, the commissioner could still consider the "use of appropriate substitute neutral sites where economically feasible";
  • There are no travel restrictions throughout the United States and Canada;
  • Medical experts determine that there would be no health risks for players, staff or fans, with the commissioners and union still able to revisit the idea of playing in empty stadiums.

We may not have a 2020 MLB season.

Yikes. I saw an article suggesting a 32 game regular season. Money talks, but logistically I don’t know how they pull it off quickly enough if this stretches on.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
They agreed to continue the season when the following stipulations were met - - -

• There are no bans on mass gatherings that would limit the ability to play in front of fans. However, the commissioner could still consider the "use of appropriate substitute neutral sites where economically feasible";
  • There are no travel restrictions throughout the United States and Canada;
  • Medical experts determine that there would be no health risks for players, staff or fans, with the commissioners and union still able to revisit the idea of playing in empty stadiums.

We may not have a 2020 MLB season.

We have this brand new 1.1 Billion dollar stadium that may not open this year. Ouch!

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
We were looking forward to the season but now we are just looking forward to coming out of this whole!!!!!

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Really sucks because I bought the MLB.TV thing. They ain’t giving refunds!

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Sad a 10B industry feel the need to keep people's money especially during times like these. If that's the case.
I sent an email a couple weeks ago and asked 2 very simple questions. 1. If the season is canceled will I get a refund. 2. If it starts late will I get a partial refund.

Here was their longwinded way of saying no and no:

Dear Fan,

Thank you for your email.

MLB has decided to suspend Spring Training games and delay the start of the 2020 regular season.

Following the updated recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) restricting events of more than 50 people for the next eight weeks, the opening of the 2020 regular season will be pushed back in accordance with that guidance. MLB will keep fans updated on decisions regarding plans for the 2020 schedule in the days and weeks ahead. MLB and the Clubs remain committed to playing as many games as possible when the season begins.

In the interim, active MLB.TV subscribers still have access to on-demand archives, news and highlights.

For additional information please click here: mlb.com/support

Sincerely,
Major League Baseball Customer Support

I sent an email a couple weeks ago and asked 2 very simple questions. 1. If the season is canceled will I get a refund. 2. If it starts late will I get a partial refund.

Here was their longwinded way of saying no and no:

Dear Fan,

Thank you for your email.

MLB has decided to suspend Spring Training games and delay the start of the 2020 regular season.

Following the updated recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) restricting events of more than 50 people for the next eight weeks, the opening of the 2020 regular season will be pushed back in accordance with that guidance. MLB will keep fans updated on decisions regarding plans for the 2020 schedule in the days and weeks ahead. MLB and the Clubs remain committed to playing as many games as possible when the season begins.

In the interim, active MLB.TV subscribers still have access to on-demand archives, news and highlights.

For additional information please click here: mlb.com/support

Sincerely,
Major League Baseball Customer Support
I have it too. If the season is canceled hopefully it don't run out until after the 21 season, but good look with that.
If they don't go back to comercial break in progress screen soon I may not purchase no more because watching the same old commercials every inning every game is infuriating.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I have it too. If the season is canceled hopefully it don't run out until after the 21 season, but good look with that.
If they don't go back to comercial break in progress screen soon I may not purchase no more because watching the same old commercials every inning every game is infuriating.
Yeah that sucks. And the highlights they show.

The Braves were expecting a good season—I hope a miracle happens at this point so we get a season.

My other team (the Diamonbacks) ceiling is perpetually below the Dodgers, so nothing changes for them even if the season isn’t played.

Its not looking good for a lot of sports. Im still annoyed that the English Premier League hasnt called the season or voided the season and thinks they can just finish it in the fall and then go right into the 20-21 season.
At some point you need to just give it up and put public safety first.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
The Dodgers are really loaded up this year, no income to pay those salaries.....ouch.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
The Dodgers are really loaded up this year, no income to pay those salaries.....ouch.
They are stuck with David Price but Mookie can walk away.
I do believe this season will not be played at all.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
They are stuck with David Price but Mookie can walk away.
I do believe this season will not be played at all.

I have always been a closet Dodgers fan. I follow and root for the Rangers but my dad was an insane Dodgers fan so it makes it hard for me not follow.

Big Red Sox fan, they're going to be mediocre at best and the Yankees will be great. If there is no season c'est la vie.

Toronto just banned large gatherings until 6/30. Blue Jays play in Buffalo perhaps?

Top Bottom