What's new

Not Licking MY Pistachio....

5CB5858E-438E-4BC6-9024-187E52F8A88B.jpeg
This disgusting new trend of going into a market, licking tubs of ice cream and putting them back in the freezer is just totally wrong. I was already on the disgruntled highway when I came to realize quite a bit of what was being passed off as "ice cream" was something called "Frozen Dairy Dessert". But with this sick new fad gaining momentum...No bueno.
So after seeing a huge display of $20.00 electric ice cream makers at a local Wal Mart...sabes que?
I seriously doubt I shall ever buy supermarket ice cream again. Easy, fairly inexpensive and tasty beyond belief. Highly Recommended.

Last edited:

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I'm with ya. The ice cream makers are going to have to start adding all kinds of extra container securities similar to sour cream, yogurt and vitamin supplements.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I have a ice-cream maker gathering dust. Do share your recipes.

There's no pre licked ice cream on sale here. Don't the ice-cream containers have a tamper proof lid? I would think checking to see if the seal is broken should put the pre licked issue to rest.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
I have a ice-cream maker gathering dust. Do share your recipes.

There's no pre licked ice cream on sale here. Don't the ice-cream containers have a tamper proof lid? I would think checking to see if the seal is broken should put the pre licked issue to rest.

Some do, not all. I see that changing in the not too distant future...

Tamper proof seal or no. The homemade product gets it done far better than most you will find at the local Publix..or Safeway..or Harris Teeter..or........
Try this:
  1. In a heavy saucepan, bring 3 cups heavy cream to a simmer, stirring frequently. In a medium bowl, whisk 6 egg yolks with 1 cup sugar. Slowly whisk about 1 cup of the simmering cream into the egg mixture until well blended; stir back into the hot mixture in the saucepan. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until slightly thickened, about 5 to 7 minutes. Do not let the mixture boil.
  2. Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup cold, well-shaken buttermilk and 2 Tbl. vanilla extract.
    Refrigerate the mixture until very cold, about 2 hours. Overnight is even better
  3. Freeze in your ice cream freezer following manufacturer's directions.
  4. Transfer to a container and cover tightly. Freeze the ice cream until firm.
  5. Makes about 1 quart of ice cream.

I add chopped chocolate chips and nuts, almonds or pecans.

Uts phooey on Ben & Jerry

Last edited:

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
That trend is just sick. Those kids need to be grabbed by the scruff of the neck and spoon fed the food they have contaminated.

Homemade ice cream is great. We had one of these when I was a kid...guess who Mom and Dad made turn the crank.

upload_2019-7-30_22-16-11.png

Licking ice cream is not all...I'm sure some of you have seen this. Although urine is sterile, unless you have a kidney problem but who knows what a person has?

This Woman Was Caught Urinating On Potatoes At A Pennsylvania Walmart

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I work in a Supermarket and almost all of the ice-cream that we sell has some sort of plastic piece on the lid that has to be broken off to take the lid off. Some of the smaller high price ice-creams may not have this but I won’t pay that much for basically a mouthful of ice-cream. We are pretty lucky here in reasonably small town that this sort of behaviour doesn’t happen. We also have an ice-cream maker sitting idle in the cupboard. I bought it for LOTH before we moved in together. It would be lucky to have been used twice.

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
Simple, quick, delicious ice cream recipe that doesn't get too hard in the freezer:

6 whole large eggs

2 cups sugar

4 cans evaporated milk

2 cans water

1 table spoon vanilla

Blend eggs and sugar together in mixing bowl

Add remaining ingredients (and your favorite ice cream fruit) and then pour into ice cream mixer

Churn until mixer stops

Nice smooth cool and refreshing!!

Makes 1 gallon

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Supposedly a woman lost some hair because someone put Nair in a conditioner bottle. They need to lower the boom on these jerks hard.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Supposedly a woman lost some hair because someone put Nair in a conditioner bottle. They need to lower the boom on these jerks hard.

Yes they do...very hard. It took Blue Bell quite a bit of time and money to recover from the contamination from one factory and now this. I think they will go to a tamper proof container pretty quick...unless someone uses a syringe to inject stuff into the product.

I'm sure some people remember the Tylenol poisonings of the '80s. That's why the Feds. made tampering with consumer products a Federal offense. I hope these people get slammed good. Thank goodness no one has poisoned anything...yet.

How the Tylenol murders of 1982 changed the way we consume medication

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Yes they do...very hard. It took Blue Bell quite a bit of time and money to recover from the contamination from one factory and now this. I think they will go to a tamper proof container pretty quick...unless someone uses a syringe to inject stuff into the product.

I'm sure some people remember the Tylenol poisonings of the '80s. That's why the Feds. made tampering with consumer products a Federal offense. I hope these people get slammed good. Thank goodness no one has poisoned anything...yet.

How the Tylenol murders of 1982 changed the way we consume medication
Yep, remember the Tylenol thing. Damn kids don’t realize what the heck they are doing. Some parents seem to like free range children. Actions have consequences- something a lot of young people don’t understand.

They know exactly what they're doing,
getting lots of hits on social media. Pinnacle of success with the youth of today.
Tragic.......

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
They know exactly what they're doing,
getting lots of hits on social media. Pinnacle of success with the youth of today.
Tragic.......
Even dumber- leaving video evidence. Social media has really helped amplify stupid peoples’ stupidity

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Even dumber- leaving video evidence. Social media has really helped amplify stupid peoples’ stupidity

And some people are wanting to lower the legal voting age to 16...some places to even 14.

With age comes wisdom...young people have neither.

Top Bottom