What's new

Not impressed with RazoRock Hive 24 brush

I find my RazoRock Big Bruce has plenty of scrub. This Hive brush is the only brush I ever used that did not have enough scrub.
Pictured here is my Big Bruce, a great brush by any standards.

RazoRock Big Bruce.JPG

Everyone can have their opinions on whether a synthetic has scrub. Just as I have my opinions that synthetics don't have scrub, and that is my solid opinion. They do not have scrub. I could put the thing at 25mm loft and it will not have scrub. There isn't a blasted thing scrubby about any synthetic, that's my opinion, and I'm sticking with it.

I would agree with your no scrub with synthetic brushes....until I got a Zenith S10. This thing feels like a boar....stiff and scrubby.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
DE SOTD, September 24th 2021- @shave/brush I used my similar brush today with Speick stick, All I did was face smear on some Speick and wet the brush and squeezed out the excess water to have just a damp brush. Then started scrubbing with the brush and just barely dip the tips of the brush in water and man did the lather explode. I hand enough lather for 3 passes easily. Try just starting with a damp brush and working up with a little water as needed . Hope this helps!

Razor: TARMAX adjustable DE by Tom White, @twhite, Mfg 2021, excellent results, smooth shave even on high settings. Maybe the way blade seats flat and just perfect design gives the stellar shave?
I won this interesting razor on a fund raiser Raffle (1of 4 made, proto type), Lucky Ron won a grail razor possibly. It does have small quirks but that are manageable.
Blade: Gillette Astra SP (3), Sharp & smooth with great longevity. My standard blade for testing other blades and shaving razors.
Soap: Speick shave stick, amazing spicy scent and excellent lather qualities, very nice soap and better than Tabac scent wise IMO.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Moka Express, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Ach Brito Lavada with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer balm(excellent + scentless).
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= :a17: Excellent shave with the TARMAX DE adj by Tom with a Astra SP.
View attachment 1333518
Have some great shaves!
Beautiful razor!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Beautiful razor!
It does work as it well as it looks, it is very smooth as the razor blade lays flat. Why it feels so comfortable is a unknown to myself & why not more vintage razors where not designed this way? The brush also worked well! :a22:

Top Bottom