What's new

NOT how you want to wake up!

My nephew was sound asleep yesterday morning. The clouds were looking nasty, severe thunderstorms in the area. With no warning a micro-burst hit the town knocking over trees and power lines. It threw a tree branch into the side of the house that punched through the siding and drywall, hitting him in the head while he was sleeping. Imagine, you are sound asleep and wake up to being hit in the head! He is fine which is all that matters. Pics or it didn't happen:

IMG_5419.jpeg

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Glad to hear no one was hurt.

A microburst is a rare phenomena. They can be as powerful as a tornado. I remember watching a storm in Saskatchewan and as it started a microburst came down, hit a big steel grain silo like below, and sent it tumbling 300 yards or more end over end.

westeel-brand-hero_1920x1280.jpg

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I read about this in the news this morning. I'm glad your nephew is alright. Terrifying. It's amazing what weather can do seemingly in the blink of an eye. Thank God he's ok!

Glad he's alive . . . never mind unhurt. Very lucky young man.

I say this as someone who watched entire roofs peel off a new subdivision, one home at a time, when a 'burst hit.

Last edited:
My nephew was sound asleep yesterday morning. The clouds were looking nasty, severe thunderstorms in the area. With no warning a micro-burst hit the town knocking over trees and power lines. It threw a tree branch into the side of the house that punched through the siding and drywall, hitting him in the head while he was sleeping. Imagine, you are sound asleep and wake up to being hit in the head! He is fine which is all that matters. Pics or it didn't happen:

I am so very happy to hear all is well. Except for the work needed to repair the building. Fairtrade for a spared life. God is Great.

Not to take anything away from your post, it reminds me of what happened when a skirmish line (or something very much like it) passed by my residence near Conyers GA early yesterday afternoon. We were getting lots of close lightning and a large group of cells was passing by. I have an application called "Radar Scope" for Android. I opened it up and one of the cell tracks had a symbol which I'd never seen before. Using the TATL radar station at Hartsfield Jackson, I had a tornado track identified on the map. The radar measured funnel was passing a few miles to the east of my location and it had a 15-minute life. I gave thanks for the grace of God's protective touch, for me: and prayed for even more for those folks under that track.

Top Bottom