What's new

Not happy with Bonavita

I recently bought a Bonavita BV 1901GW. It is supposed to be the same as the 1901 TS but with a glass Carafe instead of the higher cost stainless Carafe option. I am very disappointed with the machine. The shower head has 11 holes but during the infusion mode, water only comes out of 3 of them and at the end of the infusion cycle most of the grounds are still dry I wrote Bonavita and their response was to send me a link to a video showing how to clean it. That didn't help at all. It sits on a perfectly level granite countertop and is receiving the proper voltage. Based on the reviews here, the more expensive 1901 TS must be a different water delivery system. Anyone else had this issue?

Can you shine enough light into the shower head to take a photo in order to see how well the shower head pin holes are open? (In order to share with Bonavita) Sounds like this might have been a manufacturing defect, where the shower head was not properly formed.

When some of the grounds were dry does that also mean that all the water did not come out? Even with a deformed shower head I might have expected most of the coffee grounds to have gotten wet when making a full pot.

I removed the shower head and the holes appear to be uniform and completely open. By 1/4 of the way through the brew cycle, the grounds are completely under the water. It seems to me that the problem is that there is very little water delivered too slowly during the initial immersion cycle.

Top Bottom