What's new

Not exactly new at this wet shaving

Greetings. I've been lurking since about June and I am grateful for the help in getting set up again. Back in the 50's my folks, in order to convince me to start shaving, gave me an electric razor that gave me a permanent rash. When I went off to school in the 60's, I switched to wet shaving. Back then there were no cartridges (except single-edged) and SS blades were a rare luxury. For common folk like me, blue blades were the best we could hope for. Something over forty years ago, I quit shaving, only trimming. My 45 year old daughter has never seen me clean shaven, nor have any of my other kids. In June, the time came to become clean shaven again and I was talked into trying a cartridge razor. After one week, I followed B&B back to a DE safety razor. I am currently keeping a daily log as I work through a blade sampler. I have already recognized symptoms of SSAD but I want to stick to my original soap (TOBS) during my testing for blade selection. (I managed to go nearly a month before drawing blood for the first time this morning.)

Hello and welcome. Great to have you here on B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

strop

Now half as wise
Welcome to B&B. Since you originally learned with a DE blade I'm betting things come back pretty quickly for you. Lots of other fun stuff around here too, like cooking, the outdoors, photography, pens, etc.

Let's see. Physics. Southeast Missouri. A betting man would guess you are from Rolla!

Welcome to B&B. Since you originally learned with a DE blade I'm betting things come back pretty quickly for you. Lots of other fun stuff around here too, like cooking, the outdoors, photography, pens, etc.

Let's see. Physics. Southeast Missouri. A betting man would guess you are from Rolla!

Well, I did graduate from U of M but in this case, the M is for Michigan. I taught at Three Rivers College.

Top Bottom