What's new

Not bad for a buck, eh?

Great deal. The ceramic container is nice. Not sure about the brush. But wait, there's more! You got an English flare tip superspeed** which generally sells for big dollars because it's a Brit shaver. Score!!!!!!

**95% sure, need a closer pic - or check underneath the head for "Made in England"

Great deal. The ceramic container is nice. Not sure about the brush. But wait, there's more! You got an English flare tip superspeed** which generally sells for big dollars because it's a Brit shaver. Score!!!!!!

**95% sure, need a closer pic - or check underneath the head for "Made in England"

I should have clarified, the brush and razor were not part of the deal. I just put them in the picture for set dressing. And, yes, you are right, that is a British superspeed.

It's a Portmeirion pattern. Not many pieces were produced in it, though. There was a coffee set, and this may be the sugar bowl or something from that.

I should have clarified, the brush and razor were not part of the deal. I just put them in the picture for set dressing. And, yes, you are right, that is a British superspeed.
and the lucky SOB paid less than $5 for the rocket, too!

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Very cool mug. I should do the same and start taking picture of my gear even if I do not have much now. Well, I think my wooden soapbox is cool... I shall kick myself and do it... Cheers for sharing! Luc

and the lucky SOB paid less than $5 for the rocket, too!

Are the Rockets sought after? Because all I see in the antique stores here in Norway, are british gillettes. Mostly 40's British Rockets, and some 50's FT Rockets. Maybe I should start to pick them up..

Are the Rockets sought after? Because all I see in the antique stores here in Norway, are british gillettes. Mostly 40's British Rockets, and some 50's FT Rockets. Maybe I should start to pick them up..
yes they are, and yes you should...and let me know how much you'd sell me one for!
:biggrin:

This is Norway, the land of the $10 beer. I bet it's not cheap!

Seems to be you've been to "the turist traps" ;) Half a litre of beer in a normal pub is about USD 7-8. But then again, adjusted for purchasing power parity Norway is not expensive. Anywho, most DE's are USD 7-15 in antique shops. As a thumbrule, the shopkeepers have no idea what decade the razor is from anyway..

Top Bottom