What's new

Not as simple as it may appear

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
I was just assuming that the wax paper would be gentle to the finish? While the inner holster got a burnish?
Burnish(ing) is a far better descriptor than (re)blocking in describing the process ... thank you

Toothpick talked about holster wear from daily holstering-unholsterings on that parkerized Colt. I used to keep an SP-101 - in a leather holster - on the nightstand until one day after a trip to the range, I noticed slight etching on the edges atop the stainless frame.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Burnish(ing) is a far better descriptor than (re)blocking in describing the process ... thank you

Toothpick talked about holster wear from daily holstering-unholsterings on that parkerized Colt. I used to keep an SP-101 - in a leather holster - on the nightstand until one day after a trip to the range, I noticed slight etching on the edges atop the stainless frame.
Total thread derail alert!!

You made my brain think of a video I saw on the interwebs where a fellow took a gun like mine, a stainless GP100 and buffed it to what amounted to a razor finish. I was fascinated! But I'm much too lazy to actually DO it, lol. How do you feel about that?

I must admit it was really nice looking when completed, but kinda overkill for that gun. I LOVE Rugers, the gun and the company, and they have made some attractive guns over the years. But I look at the GP100 as an ugly tank, like the revolver equivalent of a Glock: the beauty is in the design, not that they are designed for beauty.

Would you rather own a handgun that looks like a real Shootist owns it or a piano player in a Kansas City cathouse?

Top Bottom