What's new

Not a single review of Rooney Finest???

Hi guys

I find it quite weird that there isn't a single instance of a Rooney Finest brush evaluation in the Brush Review section.

There are several reviews for the high end Simpsons and a couple for Plisson. Since Rooney's Finest bristle is the highest grade hair from one of the top 3 manufacturers - I think a review is necessary. (I saw a couple of Rooney reviews, but they weren't for Finest)

Is Rooney Finest the best kept secret? Hm, maybe there's a conspiracy theory here :biggrin:

Cheers
Ivo

Hi guys

I find it quite weird that there isn't a single instance of a Rooney Finest brush evaluation in the Brush Review section.

There are several reviews for the high end Simpsons and a couple for Plisson. Since Rooney's Finest bristle is the highest grade hair from one of the top 3 manufacturers - I think a review is necessary. (I saw a couple of Rooney reviews, but they weren't for Finest)

Is Rooney Finest the best kept secret? Hm, maybe there's a conspiracy theory here :biggrin:

Cheers
Ivo

There's still a lot of other info around if you have some time to do some searching in this forum. And on the other forum. Best.

J

Yes, I am aware - just thought that members who wonder about this may go to the review section first, and from there on to a dedicated discussion thread (as opposed to asking "What do you guys think about Rooney Finest" in the Brush forum).

Cheers
Ivo

Shhhhhhh...we don't want the prices to increase any more on them.

I have been very interested in them and am contemplating pulling the trigger on one. I would have never spent this much on a brush before....I must be crazy.

Ouch, I thought they aren't cheap to begin with... Isn't only Plisson more expensive (comparing knot sizes)?

Cheers
Ivo

I have reviewed mine, posted pictures of it compared to plisson EW and HMW, and so on and so forth - however it was prior to the days of the "review engine" so it is in the shaving brush forum somewhere.

I personally find them to be "so-so" radically over-priced, pretty dumpy looking and I am 100% convinced the hair coloration is fake, and dyes and bleach are used.

Personally I am not a fan of 'em, but I know you'd like one Ivo. Pick one up!

I personally find them to be "so-so" radically over-priced, pretty dumpy looking and I am 100% convinced the hair coloration is fake, and dyes and bleach are used.

Personally I am not a fan of 'em, but I know you'd like one Ivo. Pick one up!

LOL Joel,

I hope you are right - as I did pick one up. I did better, actuallly - had my ivory-handled Little Cutie rebristled with Finest :biggrin: Thank you, Lee!

Haven't tried it yet. Will report when I get some quality time with it. However, I don't think a formal review from me would be of any value to most members, because the knot is custom (small and short).

Cheers
Ivo

I believe Leisureguy is a big fan on Rooney's (and Simpsons too).
I remember him stating that in his opinion the Finest was an upgrade over the Super, but not worth the huge price difference.

But, of course, YMMV. And your sitauation is really different since it is essentially a custom brush.

I've been close to pulling the trigger on that one myself. I have two Rooneys in Super and absolutely love them. Jim at Vintage Blades is always telling me that NOTHING compares to the hair on the Rooney Finest.

Roger

Top Bottom