What's new

Not a Game Changer for me

I get good shaves w RR .84 OC + Nacet! Have the 0.68 + jaws but I think it was a waste of money. Well I have all the GC's except CC0.68 and the ONLY one I think is worth for me is the 0.84OC. I like OC's, and I do not shave every day. But for the money, nothing beats a Schone!

I have found Timeless razors pretty efficient. Even the 0.68 gap is really efficient.

With Karve I didn’t bond unfortunately. It was too hard to find correct shaving angle.

Rockwell is easy and comfortable but does not have the efficiency of Timeless.

I also have that Homelikshaving and if you (original poster) did not like the RR's, avoid buying this one....it is not better. If at all similar..... Get something different! Or get the newest Muhle Rocca?

I also have that Homelikshaving and if you (original poster) did not like the RR's, avoid buying this one....it is not better. If at all similar..... Get something different! Or get the newest Muhle Rocca?

Rocca is wonderful razor. A lot of people not familiar with it. Love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Apart from a Fatip. :wink2:

Beaming you up @Raven Koenes ...
You can't go wrong with a Fatip. Right now I'm fascinated with the new Fatip Lo Storto (The new Slant). It's efficient and smooth, but it does have a learning curve. I was doing three pass shaves with it. I had a bit of feedback when applying aftershave. I took it to a one pass wtg shave. It was nice and close with no irritation. Today I did a two pass wtg-xtg shave and it was a very fine bbs with a dfs on my neck. This little gem is rising to the top of my Fatip collection. Did I say how smooth it is?
052_35.jpg

Last edited:
Like many, I am SIP until this crisis is over. I am lucky, I have two houses, one more remote that the other, so I am riding it out at the remote location. With that said, my Rockwell 6S is a permanent resident to the remote location and a Feather AS-D2 is permanent at my suburban location. But before I moved up here, I managed to pack my Occam's new SS razor with the solid bar scalloped edge (mildest of the three available). Over the last several weeks, I shaved with the Rockwell 6S on plate 3 and it was fine. Better than fine. But I just switched over to the Occam's and loaded it with a Dorco blade that was included is some package that I bought, and just had one of the best shaves ever. I really enjoy the Occam's razor and would urge the OP to consider it. As of late yesterday, I saw a great review on it on this forum, plus, it comes in at a good price point. I have been really happy with it. Good luck.

Yes, I agree with you. It's a nice razor but not a game changer. Very average shave and feel. But must be said a great value.
And Slim is a magnificent razor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm with you there.
Tried both plates. Did not like the shave at all. Very average as mentioned.
I have a variety of vintage Gillettes (NEW SC & LC, Black Beauty, Tech, etc, plus stainless Karve #C and #D plates, Timeless .68 OC, WR2 1.15 DC (OC/SB). All of these work well for me...but I could not get to like the GC.
Sold it on BST and the new owner loves it! Go figure.

I was actually considering the Rocca.

The Slim is a great razor for me also! :clap: :clap:

SS and Ti may be ’stylish’ and ‘elegant,’ but no guarantee that these materials will provide a better shave.

I am a fan of the Game Changer, particularly the .84 open comb. I just used it this morning, and as always it provided a very close and comfortable shave. That said, my favorite DE is the new CNC machined Muhle Rocca. It's a bit smoother and more efficient than the Game Changer open comb. But the Fatip open comb (I have a Grande with a bolt epoxied into the hollow handle for extra weight) is the best bargain. I have the new model with the wider cap, and it matches the Game Changer for both comfort and efficiency. The place if falls down in comparison is blade alignment, which I don't find to be a big issue, and finish - on my Grande there are some rough spots on the handle, but the head is perfect.

Last edited:
Ok, I felt I owed you guys, and RazoRock, an update. Don't know what made me do it (because I had given up) but I picked the .84 SB base plate back up this morning for one last try. Popped in a Feather (3rd use - which is about as much as I get from that blade). This time I really thought about the uniquely flat cap on the razor and rode the cap way more than I would let's say my vintage Gillette TTO razors ..... and got damn near a BBS shave! I'd still like to try the .84 Jaws when Italian Barber starts shipping again, and I'm going to try different blades in the plates I currently have, but looks like a lot of my issues were faulty technique!

... I'd still like to try the .84 Jaws when Italian Barber starts shipping again, and I'm going to try different blades in the plates I currently have, but looks like a lot of my issues were faulty technique!

FYI -- I just ordered a gift razor from Italian Barber on April 7th and the shipping label / tracking number was provided the same day. Departure scan also recorded the same day.

FYI -- I just ordered a gift razor from Italian Barber on April 7th and the shipping label / tracking number was provided the same day. Departure scan also recorded the same day.
Hmm...thanks! I'll keep an eye out for when the .84 Jaws pops up as available. What's $30 more! Lol.

Top Bottom