What's new

nose trimmer

Tony Miller

Speaking of horse butts…
For a good nose trimmer I suggest the AMA list of Cosmetic Surgeons......for a nose hair trimmer try The Sharper Image <g>.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Tony

The best tip I ever heard to use a cartridge from a Trac II and rotate it inside your nose. They last for ages too.

I'd have said a MACH3 cartridge but they're a bit big.

I use one of the Turbo Groomers from Sharper Imagine and it works fine. I've never used anything else so I don't really have any basis to say it is good except that it does trim nose hair! It also has a little attacment that is good sideburn touch-up or any other stray hair areas.

No, but I am really itching too. You just gotta be careful. Or if you your are wimpy :wink: , you can get the ones with the kinda bulbous tips, rather than pointy....

finegelernt said:
The thought of putting scissors up my snout makes me shudder. I will bet you shave with a straight razor.

They actually make 'grooming' scissors that are rounded on the ends so poking yourself is not a problem and they aren't 'scary' at all to use. I'm not sure where you get something like that... I've had mine for ages and they came in a grooming kit. The scissors are the only thing remaining of the kit.

ada8356 said:
They actually make 'grooming' scissors that are rounded on the ends so poking yourself is not a problem and they aren't 'scary' at all to use. I'm not sure where you get something like that... I've had mine for ages and they came in a grooming kit. The scissors are the only thing remaining of the kit.

That's true, Merkur make a pair so they must be good!

proxy.php

The merkurs are probably better. But you can get either the funky round ones or regular ones at most any drug store...

ada8356 said:

I was being a bit facetious but the fact is that these scissors are meant to cut nails of small children not poke them in ones nose.

Think about it - inside of the nose contains a lot of very sensitive and convoluted tissue. You can't really see what you are cutting and one wrong move one of these days will give you something to remember for a long time.

Of course, if you are super careful at all times then be my guest, but why take a chance when a nice $25 Panasonic trimmer will safely remove all hair from your nose and will provide a much better and closer "shave" than your scissors ever can? Panasonic nose trimmer can also be used to remove hair from around and inside your ears. Are you saying that you would use a pair of scissors to trim your ears as well ? Remember, nothing less than an elbow should be used to poke inside your ears, or so doctors advise.

I would second the Sharper Image Turbo. It's the only one I've found that uses C batteries and is powerful enough to cut everything.

There's nothing worse than a wimpy nose trimmer that yanks hairs instead of cuts them.

finegelernt said:
I was being a bit facetious but the fact is that these scissors are meant to cut nails of small children not poke them in ones nose.

Think about it - inside of the nose contains a lot of very sensitive and convoluted tissue. You can't really see what you are cutting and one wrong move one of these days will give you something to remember for a long time.

No. They aren't scissors for cutting kids fingernails... they are for trimming nose hair, ear hair, whatever you have. They are very 'mild' scissors and it would take a big mistake to cause and damage.

Top Bottom