What's new

NOS super speed

hey all I have a NOS super speed in original packaging that has never been opened and was wondering what you all thought the value of this item would be .

full

Last edited by a moderator:
F

firebox

Its worth $.50 at the most. I will be more than happy to send a paypal payment for $2.50 including shipping.

Martin

Its worth $.50 at the most. I will be more than happy to send a paypal payment for $2.50 including shipping.

Martin

OK i'll tell you what im in a good mood send me 2.35 for it and its your lol j/k dont think I am selling it I am just wondering of its value

Nick

This looks very unusual to me. The handle appears to be knurled like the late 40s/50s SS. But the TTO knob looks as though it is flared like the 60s/70s. It's hard to tell through the packaging. Are you able to see a date code underneath the head?

I cant quite make out the date code but i think it is L2 the plastic is a bit hazey and hard to tell if it is an L

tell you what,

Send it to me, and i will be more than happy to figure out its worth and the date of the razor.

Just consider it to be my service to the community.
Just kidding.

Also, as a general rule of thumb for market value.... it is worth as much as others are willing to pay for it.:cool: Sorry for being a wise-guy.:devil:

The packaging does seem to make it difficult to see any markings through it.

Good luck with it, Nick.

Isaac

This looks very unusual to me. The handle appears to be knurled like the late 40s/50s SS. But the TTO knob looks as though it is flared like the 60s/70s. It's hard to tell through the packaging. Are you able to see a date code underneath the head?

Yeah, looks like a 1st generation handle w/ a 2nd generation tip.
Never seen one like that before.
Possibly some product/package from a different country?

package says made in U.S.A on it so I am not sure. If any one else have any thoughts it would be great

Nick,

Could you get a close up photo of the head and the handle?... that might help with identifying the razor.:detective:

I have tried it but with the plastic it comes out very bad cant even tell that it is a razor head lol but I will try again

According to the date-code site, Super Speed TTO production ends in 1974 (although there are question marks after that statement). "L" would be a 1966, but I'm not sure that's consistent with the blister packaging -- my guess is that it's from the 70s, just from the packaging.

As for its worth, I'd just hold on to it unopened, hence preserving its mint/NOS condition. Keep checking ebay to see if anything similar comes up, and what people are willing to pay.

well I am not to sure if L is in fact part of the date code it is very blury and hard to see I think I may need to go buy a magnifier glass to take a better look at it.
I actually bought it for $12 shipped from ebay about 3 months ago .
havent seen any others .

Thanks for the info guys keep it rolling if you have any or I may just have to rip it open to find out the date code . :001_smile

well I am not to sure if L is in fact part of the date code it is very blury and hard to see I think I may need to go buy a magnifier glass to take a better look at it.
I actually bought it for $12 shipped from ebay about 3 months ago .
havent seen any others .

Thanks for the info guys keep it rolling if you have any or I may just have to rip it open to find out the date code . :001_smile

I bought one for about the same price. Mine has the more common vertical knurling, and is from 1978. I don't think these will ever be really hot sellers. If I didn't have so many razors already, I'd rip this one out of the package and slip it into rotation.

Norm

Upon further review....is the handle black and plastic?
When I first read this thread, I thought it was an all metal razor and I thought it was pretty strange. If it's a balck plastic handle then it's not too uncommon, probably worth a little more to a collector since it's never been opened. I'd guess what you paid is about right.

Top Bottom