What's new

NOS Pipe Auction

I'm not sure if this is legal or not, but thought it warrants a try. There is a massive NOS pipe auction going on at one of Ebay's competitor sites. The stock of pipes is coming out of a defunct pipe/novelty shop in North Carolina, I believe. The number and quality of the pipes is stunning.
If it is allowed to post a link here, please let me know and I will do so. If not, that's fine.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I'm not sure if this is legal or not, but thought it warrants a try. There is a massive NOS pipe auction going on at one of Ebay's competitor sites. The stock of pipes is coming out of a defunct pipe/novelty shop in North Carolina, I believe. The number and quality of the pipes is stunning.
If it is allowed to post a link here, please let me know and I will do so. If not, that's fine.

Kelly, posting live auction links isn’t allowed, but I think people can figure out where to go.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
I need to know too. Maybe just a point in the right direction rather than a link to the specific auction?

The lots have begun closing and it is fun to watch. I really doubt any of my bids will hold up, but it was fun taking part. Some incredible old pipes that will likely never be available in NOS condition in such numbers again.

I received my lone successful purchase from the massive sale. A Paul Fischer Meerschaum Billiard. The purchase price was almost doubled after the buyer's premium plus shipping/handling. Still, all in, the cost was 25% less than the original price marked on the box, from sometime between 1960, when Fischer started carving meerschaum in the US and 1980 when Maison Michel's closed. Not too bad for a block meerschaum pipe with what appears to be a bakelite stem. I've pictured it with the a Falcon w/bull dog meer bowl for size comparison.
proxy.php

Top Bottom