What's new

NOS Leresche

Gents,

I've seen this razor on the forums and heard it referred to as a "prototype" before. I'm not so sure about it being a prototype...

I picked up this NOS set and it sure is unlike any Leresche set I've ever owned. I'm sure it's legit, it's just that I haven't seen many of these. This one has a very lightweight Bakelite handle and a stamped baseplate. Strangely though, nowhere on the razor or handle does it say Leresche.

Judging from the blade exposure, I think it's going to be aggressive... I'll keep you posted once I have a shave.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One more of the box. I'd love to know when this was made.

proxy.php

R

romsitsa

The No. 77 with a similar head design was advertised in 1931. My best guess is that yours is a No. 700 from the 30ies. Nice and crisp set.

Adam

Wow. This is a really nice razor. I'm sure it was in their "budget line" at the time, judging from the stamped metal baseplate and Bakelite handle, but it performs very well.

I loaded with a Gillette yellow, lining up the blade wasn't too bad. I face lathered some Cella and went to work.

A three pass shave, WTG, XTG and ATG. There is some significant blade exposure and blade feel, however the blade is held very securely so there is no "chatter".

Overall a great shaving experience... I'd recommend picking one up if you have the chance.

@Witterm very kindly lent me his LeResche Protype a few months back and now I have one of my own!

The difference is that mine has an aluminium handle rather than bakelite.
Both the Bakelite handle and the aluminium handle appeared in the LeResche #85 Sets so perhaps this Prototype is some kind of developement of the #85?

Just as with the Bakelite, this razor is pretty light.
Shaving with it is an exciting prospect!
770CA9A8-BD90-41BF-9308-F3E785A33F37.jpeg
0404820F-D567-459D-B7DD-26F66F413BB4.jpeg
BEC9E4C3-9043-4E65-8870-8E052DFCB790.jpeg
D7190C61-3A59-45F2-9B10-FA22A56C0F88.jpeg
4D0D3BFB-B288-48B8-B128-49E7F92193D0.jpeg

Top Bottom