What's new

NOS JNAT - please help ID.

Good day. I am interested in this JNAT. Can anyone identify this stone?
Price 21,000yen.

Product description from the website:
Natural whetstone Motoyama Goto Masamotoyama Ogami Separately selected Umejirushi.
It is a long-term storage product. The box is rotten and there is only enough left to confirm the brand. I don't know the era, but it may be a prewar typeface. It is wet so that the condition is easy to understand, but it is unused. I haven't tried sharpening it, so I don't know how it feels. Since it is a natural product, it has some cracks and cracks. There may be streaks or nests that are difficult to see from the surface. Please bid after understanding that it is a natural product.

11.jpg12.jpg13.jpg14.jpg15.jpg16.jpg

I'm afraid I can't help at all. But weren't there quite significant changes to kanji, and the way they were written, immediately after WW2...?

(This might be a blindingly obvious thing to say but - it's a blue Aoto. I can't read kanji at all, but I'd say that with some confidence. It's not going to be a good razor stone (2-5k perhaps), but could be superb for knives and/or a polishing progression. That's not a bad price, but still a bit of a punt if you don't know the seller and they haven't tried it!)

Top Bottom