What's new

NOS French Gillette blades PIF

I have never heard of the blades before
And would really like to try them.
Thanks for the opportunity I'M IN

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
Random.org says the winner is jr_vi with post number 15. He will be getting a PM.
Thanks to everyone who participated!

Random.org says the winner is jr_vi with post number 15. He will be getting a PM.
Thanks to everyone who participated!
Do you know of any place that have
These Blades for Sale??
I ask because I would still like to try
Them, and maybe a few other members
Would also appreciate the information.
Thanks.

Do you know of any place that have
These Blades for Sale??
I ask because I would still like to try
Them, and maybe a few other members
Would also appreciate the information.
Thanks.
You can find them on Ebay France but not sure you should spend the money as they are carbon blades, just my two cents.

You can find them on Ebay France but not sure you should spend the money as they are carbon blades, just my two cents.
Yeah you're probably right, I was just
Wanting to try out a few of the blades
At the right price of course. I would
Never stock up on a carbon blade and
Ordering from France is probably
Shipping cost prohibited. But thanks
Anyway.

@Space_Cadet The package arrived in the post yesterday. I am amazed at how quickly it arrived, considering the distance traveled. Thank you for your generosity. First shave was this morning, Will write up.

@Space_Cadet The package arrived in the post yesterday. I am amazed at how quickly it arrived, considering the distance traveled. Thank you for your generosity. First shave was this morning, Will write up.
Space_Cadet sent me a few as well...Sadly, the cutting edges are oxidized, but rusting is not visible to the naked eye. You can get a shave with them , but kind of " rough going "...Sometimes one pack may have escaped the moisture and remained intact, let's hope your shave goes smooth...

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Space_Cadet sent me a few as well...Sadly, the cutting edges are oxidized, but rusting is not visible to the naked eye. You can get a shave with them , but kind of " rough going "...Sometimes one pack may have escaped the moisture and remained intact, let's hope your shave goes smooth...
So even lightly stropping them on denim may be pointless then, I'd assume. Too bad. But hard to imagine any blade that old made of carbon steel would have been stored with the idea of someone using them decades later.

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
Sorry, guys. It's a real bummer. I thought they were good. I couldn't see any oxidation with a naked eye.

There is no sign of oxidation visible. I am going to do a second shave tomorrow. The first pass felt like a Merkur so it may smooth out.

Top Bottom