What's new

NOS Ever Ready

Found it out in the wild today. I'm not sure I can bring myself to use it, it's that minty.

$Ever Ready 004.jpg$Ever Ready 006.jpg$Ever Ready 007.jpg$Ever Ready 009.jpg$Ever Ready 011.jpg

Wow! That's amazing! Though I think you would probably be better off keeping it unused. All old Ever-Ready brushes I've come across were not that great as actual brushes. The 650PB had an awesome handle and I re-knotted it with TGN finest and it's one of my very favorite brushes today. The original badger hair in it, however was terrible. Well used, unlike yours, but very low quality. Perhaps the unused one is better. Let us know if you do decide to take it for a spin. Very curious as to how it performs. Gorgeous handle in any case. Can always be knotted with just about any knot you like. These are hollow inside, I believe and can be adjusted for much larger knots. I have an ER boar brush I picked up for restore that looks the same, but no metal in the middle and black/white scheme. I am looking forward to creating a nice brush from that one.

Best of luck with it. Great find!

Seen one of these on the bay a few days back. Looked in good condition but not as brilliant as yours. Tell me, what size knot?

Seen one of these on the bay a few days back. Looked in good condition but not as brilliant as yours. Tell me, what size knot?

Just took a check, 17x54, so I'm sure it would have no backbone at all. Feels very soft in it's current state. I think it's going on the shelf for good. I'll find other quarry to re-knot and use.

Nice one! Badger knot!

+ 1 on keeping it unused. If it's not that great, don't use it, store it and cherish it.

I had the chance to buy two Ever-Ready badger hair knot brushes, similar to yours. Mine are the 500PBT ( black with a gold band) and the K40 (Ivory). Both had pure badger knots in them that had been used very little. I think I found out why they had been used very little. I tried both of them and found them to be so floppy as to be useless. I hated to do it but I replaced both with TGN Finest badger. Now they are great brushes!

Last edited:
Absolutely gorgeous! Congrats on finding it. My dad used one of these, so they have a special place in my heart... and in my shave den. I've refitted two of them with Golden Nib 18mm silvertip grade A knots and one with an 18mm Savile Row silvertip. To be sure, they no longer look NOS like yours, but the small knot does retain some of the vintage look.

Dave

That is just way to neat to use. It should be displayed. Put the box in a safe place and get one of these glass display domes to set the brush in.

$Glass Display Dome.jpg

Wow! That's amazing! Though I think you would probably be better off keeping it unused. All old Ever-Ready brushes I've come across were not that great as actual brushes. The 650PB had an awesome handle and I re-knotted it with TGN finest and it's one of my very favorite brushes today. The original badger hair in it, however was terrible. Well used, unlike yours, but very low quality. Perhaps the unused one is better. Let us know if you do decide to take it for a spin.

+1. I found one almost as minty. The pure badger was waaaay floppy and shtanky. Reknotted with a TGN - http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...-Restoration?p=4252334&highlight=#post4252334. Now my go-to brush!

Top Bottom