What's new

North Rite fountain pen

Just scored this piece for about $1.00, anybody know anything about this brand?

This one is a transparent red fountain pen that can take a convertor or cartridge, has a shaeffer nib and black non-twist cap.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I can't help you but if you show us some photo's, someone else might be able to help you out.

Just some quick google-fu showed very little information. What I did come across is that North-Rite was a Canadian brand (American owned? ) during the 50's and 60's that made both Fountain and Ballpoint pens. It is no longer in business and the Trademark on the name expired 1996

Just some quick google-fu showed very little information. What I did come across is that North-Rite was a Canadian brand (American owned? ) during the 50's and 60's that made both Fountain and Ballpoint pens. It is no longer in business and the Trademark on the name expired 1996

I also located the following thread on TheFountainPenNetwork witha little additional discussion:
Ever Hear Of A North-Rite Pen ? - Fountain & Dip Pens - First Stop

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
North-Rite came out of the Waterman's factory in my home town of St. Lambert Qc. I've never seen a fountain pen but very much liked a ball point that was given out after a fund raising drive for the Lion's Club.

north-rite-1.jpg north-rite-2.jpg north-rite-3.jpg north-rite-4.jpg

Here are some pictures, yeah, it's nothing too fancy, clear red plastic with a piece of aluminum at the tip, and a Shaeffer steel nib. I put in a Shaeffer ink cartridge and it rolls pretty smooth. There was also a who-knows-how-many-decades old empty shaeffer cartridge in it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom