What's new

North Korea creates new time-zone!

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
View attachment 592241

No amount of messing around with daylight savings or time zones is going to make these people's days any brighter... when they are so thoroughly used to the darkness of each night.
Morgan:
Wow...they really are from 'the Dark Side'.
proxy.php

attachment.php
"...where time really does stand still". CBJ

$attachment.php.jpeg

While I'm not suggesting that it would be a good thing for all people to consume more electricity illuminating the night sky, this map does illustrate one thing very well: the people of North Korea are being kept in the dark and we cannot even imagine the extent of it.

Not surprising I guess, coming from them. I will mention however that they are not the only country with a time zone increment that includes a half hour. A couple of small countries are mentioned, but they're not the only ones. India does as well (IST == UCT+5:30). I face this all the time as I have frequent conference call with folks in India. http://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/ist

The Astronomy thing pops into my head everytime I think of this place! :thumbup1:
Also, the chubby little bugger was arranged a nice lookin' little lady! :thumbup:

Australian Central Standard Time is another notable one. I have no doubt that the North Korean leaders are crazy but there's nothing particularly odd about half hour offsets from UTC.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
North Koreans are just glad they don't observe Daylight Savings Time each year ... imagine the hassle of rotating the sun dials juuuuust the right amount each spring and fall!!

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
North Koreans are just glad they don't observe Daylight Savings Time each year ... imagine the hassle of rotating the sun dials juuuuust the right amount each spring and fall!!
Doc:
You 'got' me on that one (you gotta stop...'my insides are beginning to hurt'...where do you come up with this stuff?)!
proxy.php

proxy.php
"The Hermit Kingdom...where time really does stand still". CBJ

Last edited:
Top Bottom