What's new

North American Arms - triggers?

I don't know if anyone here has bought any of the North American Arms mini revolvers, but if so, I'm wondering what you've thought of the trigger pull? I bought one 20 or so years ago and the trigger pull seemed just about right. I bought another one last year and the trigger pull was so hard that it was impossible for me to aim it. I admit that I'm 71 years old and my hand strength isn't what it used to be, but I'm actually in pretty good shape for 71 and I can shoot my other guns with no problem. I sent it back to the company for another issue (which they fixed) and asked them while they were at it, to see if they could lessen the trigger pull. They said that they did, but I couldn't tell a difference. Anyone else have that issue?

I don't know if anyone here has bought any of the North American Arms mini revolvers, but if so, I'm wondering what you've thought of the trigger pull? I bought one 20 or so years ago and the trigger pull seemed just about right. I bought another one last year and the trigger pull was so hard that it was impossible for me to aim it. I admit that I'm 71 years old and my hand strength isn't what it used to be, but I'm actually in pretty good shape for 71 and I can shoot my other guns with no problem. I sent it back to the company for another issue (which they fixed) and asked them while they were at it, to see if they could lessen the trigger pull. They said that they did, but I couldn't tell a difference. Anyone else have that issue?
Generally, no, but I don't have a bunch of them either. They have a very simple lockwork, and it's fairly straightforward to stone the trigger & hammer surfaces glassy, using a Spyderco ceramic stone (or similar).

I have a Mini Master that I thoroughly enjoy. There is a NAA forum, but like most forums today, you'll get more recommendations to send it to the factory rather than instruction on doing the job.

Edit to add: depending on the model, adding larger grips will improve your leverage on the trigger.

Generally, no, but I don't have a bunch of them either. They have a very simple lockwork, and it's fairly straightforward to stone the trigger & hammer surfaces glassy, using a Spyderco ceramic stone (or similar).

I have a Mini Master that I thoroughly enjoy. There is a NAA forum, but like most forums today, you'll get more recommendations to send it to the factory rather than instruction on doing the job.

Edit to add: depending on the model, adding larger grips will improve your leverage on the trigger.
His was just the first youtube video I came across, but it can get you started. Bottom line in action stoning: all flat surfaces stay flat, notches stay square. The ONLY exception is lightly breaking sharp edges with 800-1200 grit wet-dry paper (pick one grit).

NAA Revolver disassembly

His was just the first youtube video I came across, but it can get you started. Bottom line in action stoning: all flat surfaces stay flat, notches stay square. The ONLY exception is lightly breaking sharp edges with 800-1200 grit wet-dry paper (pick one grit).

NAA Revolver disassembly
Thanks! Curious if anyone who has bought one recently has had this issue needing to be fixed.

I bought their very first model, a mini .22short , when it first came out.Carried it every day in my pocket at work for 33 years, when I retired . After 33 years in my packet I figured it needed a good cleaning internally . I packaged it up and sent it back to the NAA factory with a note explaining how long I carried it and what I wanted done to it . 2WEEKS later I receive a package in the mail . To my great surprise it was a brand new pistol with my serial # engraved on it . After 33 years they made several improvements ,a serrated hammer for a better grip , a better trigger and best of all a fool proof locking notch. My original I had to carry with the hammer down on a dead cylinder, so in reality I had 4 shots of protection at REALLY close range, thankfully I never had to use it . The cost ? ZERO, where can you find service like that today ?

The NAA mini mag I have is a 1 1/8 inch barrel .22 Mag, well over thirty plus years old and the trigger is the same, fairly smooth and direct to the pull. If the OP thinks there might be a concern with his, call NAA. Problem is the shipping costs for the revolver. It can get expensive. The Mini Mag is with me a lot when running, fast walking, in shorts IWB in the hot weather. Up close and personal, good feeling to know it’s available.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Lawyers, perhaps, made them roughen up the trigger pull.

They are responsible for safety barrel-billboards, unnecessary safeties, w/lockwork holes etc.

AA

Top Bottom