What's new

NormaTac

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I don't think we will ever see the days you could buy a box of 9mm for under 10 bucks again. It's kind of sad when this becomes a decent price.

Not long ago Norma ran a special where you got a free box of Norma Tac .22 with every purchased box of 9mm. That put the price at about 12 bucks a box.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Not long ago Norma ran a special where you got a free box of Norma Tac .22 with every purchased box of 9mm. That put the price at about 12 bucks a box.
I bought some then. My Mark IV will not cycle the .22. I still have a bunch. I am slowly shooting it up out of a rifle.

I don't like the 22s at all! They feed well enough in my guns, but there is an oily coating on them that makes the ammo wet. Maybe its the climate here, but it gets on your hands and gets into the guns. I'm sticking with CCI.

That oily coating is the lube that is part of what makes a .22 rimfire round accurate. Any match ammo has a lube on it. If you wipe that lube off or even worse let the ammo get old and have the lube dry up and turn white, you can expect your accuracy to go down hill. With that said, I am not touting Norma Tac to be a high end match ammo, because it's not. However, I have shot some really good groups with it out of my custom barrelled 40x.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I bought two bricks of the Tac 22 and was very disappointed with its inconsistent performance. Sometimes it shoots well, sometimes won't reliably cycle my Mk III. Sometimes there is a different report and obvious poor accuracy not attributed to operator error.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I don't like the 22s at all! They feed well enough in my guns, but there is an oily coating on them that makes the ammo wet. Maybe its the climate here, but it gets on your hands and gets into the guns. I'm sticking with CCI.
CCI SV is my go to round for consistent accuracy in affordable ammo.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Same here, but at $18 per 100 rounds I don't consider it inexpensive any longer.
Although MidwayUSA is out of stock, they usually sell a brick of CCI SV for about $40, limit 2 the last time I purchased some. For some reason the price of that 100 round plastic box is WAY inflated.

Although MidwayUSA is out of stock, they usually sell a brick of CCI SV for about $40, limit 2 the last time I purchased some. For some reason the price of that 100 round plastic box is WAY inflated.
They won't ship ammo to Hawaii, so I must buy ammo, primers, and powder locally. I just paid $169 for a thousand small rifle primers and had to wait months for my name to bubble to the top of the list. I wonder what you guys are paying for primers these days.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Well, I don't know what you have in HI to shop local, but the 50 round boxes of CCI SV usually sell for less than half the price of the 100 round plastic box.

I haven't bought primers in a long, long time. But I think a "good" price nowadays is about $100/K. I could be off on that.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I can get the 50 round box for $4.99, the 100 round plastic box $11.99. Just bought a brick for $49.00. It is for sure the plastic.

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
My last pick up of CCI was a case for $500.00 out the door. $50.00 of that was sales tax. I’ve seen it at AtWoods for $3.99 for a 50ct paper box.

Top Bottom