What's new

Norma MHP Personal Defense

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I have done a lot of research on 9mm frangible rounds as I have a fear of over penetration especially since we live in an apartment. These rounds are light weight with high velocity. They score on the low end of the FBI gel tests Their expansion is consistent round after round in all of the reports I have read. I finally broke down and bought two boxes. I took one box to the range. They were extremely accurate out of my 1911, I need to shoot a few out of my Micro 9 before I carry them in that. I shot a string of five rapid fire no issues there. I am locked and loaded in my 1911.

Anybody else carry it?

MHP.jpg

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Yes, I carry frangibles in several calibers. I find they are flatter shooting at all SD ranges regardless of caliber and also softer shooting so faster to return to POA. Haven't used Norma though.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I have done a lot of research on 9mm frangible rounds as I have a fear of over penetration especially since we live in an apartment. These rounds are light weight with high velocity. They score on the low end of the FBI gel tests Their expansion is consistent round after round in all of the reports I have read. I finally broke down and bought two boxes. I took one box to the range. They were extremely accurate out of my 1911, I need to shoot a few out of my Micro 9 before I carry them in that. I shot a string of five rapid fire no issues there. I am locked and loaded in my 1911.

Anybody else carry it?

View attachment 1522414
It’s good looking ammo fo sho…. Almost looks like Winchester Silvertips.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
The rationale (according to range officer) the metal creates sparks and will cause a fire. Who would have thunk it?
The metal is copper/tin alloy. Are there other ammo types that might contain copper and other metals?

Top Bottom