What's new

Nordstrom no longer carries the alum block

Apparently they sent back all their alum blocks to the vendor.

Makes you wonder if they were tainted or something.

I'm still looking for an alum block from a brick and mortar store in the Los Angeles area.

jduffy said:
Apparently they sent back all their alum blocks to the vendor.

Makes you wonder if they were tainted or something.

I'm still looking for an alum block from a brick and mortar store in the Los Angeles area.

were these AOS blocks?

You are right, they were the Art of Shaving alum blocks. Apparently they still carry the alum stick.

jduffy said:
You are right, they were the Art of Shaving alum blocks. Apparently they still carry the alum stick.

This does "make me wonder if they were tainted," as my face gets pretty red and irritated after using it for a few hours. Though this is the only alum block I've ever used, so I have nothing to comare it to.

TraderJoe said:
This does "make me wonder if they were tainted," as my face gets pretty red and irritated after using it for a few hours. Though this is the only alum block I've ever used, so I have nothing to comare it to.

Joe,

Something sounds a bit off for sure! I use an alum block (from Classic Shaving) daily and have never had anything like this happen.

I was just in LA on Monday and was looking for a place that sold Alum. I've tried a number of natural markets, but nothin. I know ClassicShaving.com sells Alum but I don't have anything else to order right now so I'm holding off.

I saw the alum block at Nordstroms. They wanted $24 or $25 for it.

Why would you pay that much for one? Is there an art to making a good alum block, or do they wear down so slow you might has well have a name brand one?

I thought I paid $15 for it at Neiman Marcus...and just wanted immediate gratification...otherwise I would have just ordered it online. Its probably made by the same company that makes them for others. You are just paying for the AOS markup. I would just order it...then you could throw a couple of other things in the basket as to spread the shipping costs out a bit.

The alum bar from Classic Shaving is quite nice---and doesn't react with my face, at least. I also like that it comes in a little plastic travel box: very handy.

Top Bottom