What's new

NOPE!!!

dorco blades are a big no for me! even though there are multiple variables in play i do NOT like the way they feel when shaving. used one once to shave my head and didnt like it

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
dorco blades are a big no for me! even though there are multiple variables in play i do NOT like the way they feel when shaving. used one once to shave my head and didnt like it
And trust me, I could shave with a broken beer bottle.

I would PREFER to shave with a broken beer bottle. STEP AWAY FROM THE DORCO!!!

i mean it was decently sharp and left me a bit irritated on my scalp, though i think i may have not done a good job lathering either. maybe i used a bit of pressure when not meaning to. but lemme tell ya those blades felt rough

Dorco Primes are excellent IMO. They are dirt cheap and are nice and smooth. In fact, I used one a couple of days ago.

The rest of their line? Pretty awful. ST300 and ST301 are blades I can safely state will never touch my face again.

I haven’t tried the Dorco Titan nor am I in any rush to do so.

IMHO the Dorco Prime, is a blade similar to Astra SP in both sharpness and smoothness. The Korean Dorco ST301 is a rather dull blade and as such, has certain limitations. I have read that the vietnamese are worse still, but i haven't had one such ever.

i mean it was decently sharp and left me a bit irritated on my scalp, though i think i may have not done a good job lathering either. maybe i used a bit of pressure when not meaning to. but lemme tell ya those blades felt rough

They work for some people, otherwise I don't think they would sell them. It was a long time ago when I tried them last. Have not had a chance to try the Premiums.

Dorco Primes are excellent IMO. They are dirt cheap and are nice and smooth. In fact, I used one a couple of days ago.

The rest of their line? Pretty awful. ST300 and ST301 are blades I can safely state will never touch my face again.

I haven’t tried the Dorco Titan nor am I in any rush to do so.
How's the Dorco Titan?

I don't see that blade mentioned much, only the ST301 and Prime.
I was told that Dorco Titans are re-packaged Dorco Primes meant for the North American market. The ones made in Vietnam (like the Prime and Titan) are much better than the Korean-made blades (like the low-end ST300). If you do a search on B&B, there are a few decent reviews of the Titan. (You'll have to weed out all of the SOTD threads to find them, though.)

Personally, I thought the Titans were pretty good. In the grand scheme of things, it's a a typical mid-tier, medium-sharp blade.

The only Dorco blades I've tried were the Titans and they are easily the worst blade I've ever used. As the OP mentioned, I would rather shave with broken glass.

Eben Stone

Staff member
The only Dorcos I've tried are the ST301. Absolutely love them with my Ikon Tek. Don't seem to have such a favorable outcome with the R41.

One thing I've learned is, no matter how bad I think a blade is, somebody else will pop up and tell me I'm an idiot, that's the best blade there ever was. But (he whispers) Dorcos are crap.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Got some in a sampler once, not sure which Dorcos. I can't recall if I actively hated them, but I do not think longingly of them, or at all.

Top Bottom