What's new

Noob shaver, Blackland Sabre review

I'm hoping my Sabre will arrive next week. Being in the UK I grabbed those Personna blades from Connaught, it was a no-brainer at that price.

Nice man, it's a great razor and I'm sure you're gonna dig it.

Yeah that's a ridiculous price for those over there, especially considering they're like $5 a 10 pack at the usual suspects places (WCS, Maggard's etc).

Great thread, as always. You've got me itching for a Blackbird, though it seems I cannot order one without a handle. I'm a bit stuck on my handle selection - I have it on three different razors.

Great thread, as always. You've got me itching for a Blackbird, though it seems I cannot order one without a handle. I'm a bit stuck on my handle selection - I have it on three different razors.

On the shop page, scroll past the razors or click "parts" at the top to only see individual components. Alternatively (and recommended), you can try out the Blackbird with its native handle and just return it if you don't like it and we'll refund the difference of the handle. My bias is deep, but the Blackbird handle is awesome and really completes the razor.

Shane sells parts for the Blackbird, top caps and plates. Are they out of stock on the one you want? @Blackland Razors
I did see that, but it seemed to discourage the use of any handle other than the Blackbird.
On the shop page, scroll past the razors or click "parts" at the top to only see individual components. Alternatively (and recommended), you can try out the Blackbird with its native handle and just return it if you don't like it and we'll refund the difference of the handle. My bias is deep, but the Blackbird handle is awesome and really completes the razor.
My problem with handles stems from essential tremors. I need super grippy or they simply slip out of my hands. The RR barberpole seems to be my ideal. I sure love the work you do. I look forward to giving the 'bird a go sometime.

I did see that, but it seemed to discourage the use of any handle other than the Blackbird.

My problem with handles stems from essential tremors. I need super grippy or they simply slip out of my hands. The RR barberpole seems to be my ideal. I sure love the work you do. I look forward to giving the 'bird a go sometime.

Would you mind shooting me an email or message some time? I’d love to hear more about the characteristics of handles that work well with your challenges and what would be ideal if you could design one from scratch. A while back I was looking into how to make a razor for those with grip issues, unstable hands, or other physical challenges and conditions that make shaving difficult/unsafe. I’d love to hear your input.

Sorry for the thread hijack!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Would you mind shooting me an email or message some time? I’d love to hear more about the characteristics of handles that work well with your challenges and what would be ideal if you could design one from scratch. A while back I was looking into how to make a razor for those with grip issues, unstable hands, or other physical challenges and conditions that make shaving difficult/unsafe. I’d love to hear your input.

Big Kudos for this offer. :thumbup1:

Will do!

Top Bottom