What's new

Noob shaver, Blackland Blackbird review

THANKS BUD!
Please join the Blackland Blackbird Brotherhood aka B3! Here is the link:

Well, my Blackbird has landed and, one drama-free shave in, I can report that I think it’s going to be a keeper. With one possible exception. I know the Machined finish is supposed to show some machining patterns, and is explained by Blackland as follows:

“This finish proudly shows off the markings created during the process of machining each razor. The intricate, carefully-planned patterns left in the surface tell the story of the Blackbird's journey from solid steel to finished product.”

However, on one end of my top cap there are some marks that appear to have been left unintentionally and somewhat sloppily during the finishing process (i.e. not “carefully-planned”). Would you all just ignore this and put the razor into rotation, or would you contact Blackland to see what they could do to make it right? Or would you disagree that it isn’t right in its current state? Looking for a little guidance here. Thanks!

92339C47-7924-44A0-8C8E-FAF7BB4B1386.jpeg
CFCE24A4-BFDE-4306-8782-8FDE1A003E11.jpeg
D2A9E334-7E0E-4AE4-8070-2A44F7F8CC42.jpeg

Thanks, guys. I think I agree. I just sent an email to Shane.
Definitely, I would of done the same, contact Shane if my Blackbird arrived like that. Blackland has top tier customer service.

If you have a chance please join us at the ‘B3’ Blackland Blackbird Brotherhood! We share SOTD pictures, tips, and share ideas. We would like you to join our Brotherhood. Here is the link to our club :

Hello all, ordered my blackbird and awaiting it. My question is, will my RR barber pole or timeless knurled handle fit it? I didn’t order the handle that comes with it. I know it’s grippy but it’s just not my cup of tea as far as handles go.

Well, my Blackbird has landed and, one drama-free shave in, I can report that I think it’s going to be a keeper. With one possible exception. I know the Machined finish is supposed to show some machining patterns, and is explained by Blackland as follows:

“This finish proudly shows off the markings created during the process of machining each razor. The intricate, carefully-planned patterns left in the surface tell the story of the Blackbird's journey from solid steel to finished product.”

However, on one end of my top cap there are some marks that appear to have been left unintentionally and somewhat sloppily during the finishing process (i.e. not “carefully-planned”). Would you all just ignore this and put the razor into rotation, or would you contact Blackland to see what they could do to make it right? Or would you disagree that it isn’t right in its current state? Looking for a little guidance here. Thanks!

View attachment 1037861View attachment 1037862View attachment 1037863

I took delivery of two Blackbird razors on Saturday. One is a Christmas gift for my Dad. I just opened them now, and the top caps on both of them look exactly like the one pictured. I'm not sure it's a problem, really. It looks like the last finish cut on the top surface didn't remove material at the outer edges and, in those areas, the surface from the previous roughing cut is showing. I guess that means the surface is a little low in those areas, but it's probably on the order of tenths of a thousandth of an inch. I wasn't planning to contact Shane about it.

Thanks, guys. I think I agree. I just sent an email to Shane.

I feel compelled to share the incredible response I got from Shane regarding the unusual finishing marks on my machined BB top cap. He emailed me back saying that, while some small variation in the finish can occur between batches and even razors within a batch, the marks on mine did not look correct to him based on my pics. So he already sent out a replacement top cap, along with a pre-paid mailing label to return my top cap, and he said to just keep using my old one until the new one arrives. Talk about amazing customer service. I truly couldn’t ask for any better! Proud to be a Blackland razor owner!!

Shane is the best. No doubt. It's nice to read about others coming to the same conclusion.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I feel compelled to share the incredible response I got from Shane regarding the unusual finishing marks on my machined BB top cap. He emailed me back saying that, while some small variation in the finish can occur between batches and even razors within a batch, the marks on mine did not look correct to him based on my pics. So he already sent out a replacement top cap, along with a pre-paid mailing label to return my top cap, and he said to just keep using my old one until the new one arrives. Talk about amazing customer service. I truly couldn’t ask for any better! Proud to be a Blackland razor owner!!
Awesome news.

Top Bottom