What's new

Noob shaver, Blackland Blackbird review

Muchas gracias Shane. Haces grandes productos. Realmente me gustó el vintage y sé que me gustó el patinaje porque mi vintage favorito es un viejo tipo Bulldog Gillette de 1918 en latón y me encanta su apariencia, peso e incluso olor. Me gustaría preguntarle qué tipo de latón usa en el mirlo, ya que el acero inoxidable es 303. Solo me encantan los metales y me gustaría saber un poco más sobre la composición del latón. Muchas gracias Shane.

Muchas gracias Shane. Haces grandes productos. Realmente me gustó el vintage y sé que me gustó el patinaje porque mi vintage favorito es un viejo tipo Bulldog Gillette de 1918 en latón y me encanta su apariencia, peso e incluso olor. Me gustaría preguntarle qué tipo de latón usa en el mirlo, ya que el acero inoxidable es 303. Solo me encantan los metales y me gustaría saber un poco más sobre la composición del latón. Muchas gracias Shane.

Nosotros usamos latón C36000 por su resistencia a la corrosión y su capacidad para pulida a un brillo alto. Lo siento por mi pobre español. Espero que entiendas. Gracias!

Wondering what everyone's go to blade is with the blackbird. Been using Lab Blue blades with great results. I've tried several different blades overtime. I'm finding not to use the sharp blades I usually use in other razors. Typically the Lab Blues aren't sharp enough for me in most razors, but it just works great in the BB. I used a Rapira Plat Lux yestarday and it was slightly off. Wasn't as efficient, I had a lot more touchup than I usually do. Very smooth but I had to go over the same spots a few times.

Wondering what everyone's go to blade is with the blackbird. Been using Lab Blue blades with great results. I've tried several different blades overtime. I'm finding not to use the sharp blades I usually use in other razors. Typically the Lab Blues aren't sharp enough for me in most razors, but it just works great in the BB. I used a Rapira Plat Lux yestarday and it was slightly off. Wasn't as efficient, I had a lot more touchup than I usually do. Very smooth but I had to go over the same spots a few times.
I've used GSB, Nacet, Astra SP and Voskhod with great results.

In my experience, the blackbird LOVES efficient blades. My top blades with it are: Feather and Polsilver SI

Two shaves in with my new Blackbird and I couldn’t be happier. It’s easily the closest shaving razor in my collection
and the stubble seems to take much longer to come back. As regards angle I’m letting the audio feedback be my guide
and the shaves have been super close and irritation free. I can see me using the Blackbird almost exclusively and my other razors being moved on it’s that good.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Two shaves in with my new Blackbird and I couldn’t be happier. It’s easily the closest shaving razor in my collection
and the stubble seems to take much longer to come back. As regards angle I’m letting the audio feedback be my guide
and the shaves have been super close and irritation free. I can see me using the Blackbird almost exclusively and my other razors being moved on it’s that good.
You have great taste. It’s a ‘desert island’ razor for sure.
image.jpg

Tried to sell my polished Blackbird a month and a half ago but didn't. I used it yesterday. It shaved closer than my other razors and with no irritation. I liked the amount of blade feel. I like the handle. I didn't think I could handle it but I was wrong. I'm keeping the Blackbird.

¡Una navaja única!
Esta navaja es excepcional. Ya que lo tienes en tu mano sabes que tienes un producto de alta calidad, de artesanía superior. El afeitado es maravilloso, una combinación de alta eficacia con gran suavidad. Encontré el ángulo de manera intuitiva y cuando me afeité sentí una especie de vacío como succión, muy agradable y mi piel estaba limpia, suave y tersa. No puedo describirlo, pero no se parece en nada a lo que he usado antes para afeitarme en húmedo. Sí, parece más suave que el dardo de Blackland, su hermano pequeño y más cómodo. Realmente vale cada centavo. No te decepcionará si lo usas.

You’re quite welcome. I spent a couple of years buying and trying over 100 razors (mostly vintage), and my den now only consists of 7 razors. The Blackbird is one of them. It’s your journey and I hope you enjoy it; but candidly, there are very few razors ‘out there’ that will give you a better shaving experience than the one you now possess. I offer that not to cut short your journey, but to maybe save you some time and money.

The Kai was a great choice for a blade. Feathers are also brilliant for this Bird.
What are the 7 razors in your den?

Haha ... that post was 15 months ago; my current den of 5 consists of my Blackbird, a Hybrid Tech, Pre-War Fat Handle Tech and 2 Goodwill #160’s (one Gold, one re-plated nickel). But the Wolf (WR 1.25 SB) is going to land soon and exert its dominance in the den.
I thought you already had a WR2 1.25?

Top Bottom