What's new

noob questions about de blades - production/manufacturing/history/sales/material etc

hey peeps im a noob, im trying to understand and gain as much knowledge as possible and i have some questions
i appreciate some of these questions are going to be hard to answer, in fact maybe no one can answer them at all so i understand

which country did the first de blades originate from and when exactly?

whats the science and engineering that goes behind making a de blade?

why do some de blades come in different materials like for example stainless steel, platinum, carbon etc? whats the difference exactly?

the size of a single de blade is small and even a boxed pack off 100 isnt exactly what you'd call large in size,
so at an estimate how many de blades would you say a factory produces in say a day? month? year?

is there such a thing as a country that produces the best de blades?

which country has the most factories? which country produces the most blades?

which company of de blades is classed as the biggest in terms size like financially, factories, distribution etc, like who are the game leaders exactly?

as you can probably tell i like to ask questions lol! :)

Most of the answers you seek for almost all the threads you've created in the last week can be answered by checking out the Shave Wiki here on the forum!! Here is a link to the blades section...

Reactions: saj
Hey there so I can understand how there's money to be made on razors because some are average to expensive prices with really nice styles a lot of demand but is there a lot of money to be made in de blades alone?

Just something I've been thinking about because let's face it even the most expensive de blades for a 100 it's still peanuts compared to cartridge razors

Hey there so I can understand how there's money to be made on razors because some are average to expensive prices with really nice styles a lot of demand but is there a lot of money to be made in de blades alone?

Just something I've been thinking about because let's face it even the most expensive de blades for a 100 it's still peanuts compared to cartridge razors
King C Gillette’s original business model was what I call the drug dealer model. He believed that pricing the razor and the first set of blades relatively cheap would hook the customers and then he would make money on the highly profitable blades.

They don’t seem to follow that model anymore.

King C Gillette’s original business model was what I call the drug dealer model. He believed that pricing the razor and the first set of blades relatively cheap would hook the customers and then he would make money on the highly profitable blades.

They don’t seem to follow that model anymore.
They do but for cartridge razors now. It's been a few years but I remember receiving unsolicited Gillette Mach 3 razors in the mail.

Top Bottom