What's new

Noob question, that I will burn at the stake for.

I started shaving with a straight razor about a year ago. I purchased a cheap Golden Dollar razor to begin with to see if I like the shaving type with the anticipation of after a year of using purchasing a decent blade. After a year of shaving, I feel confident to dive into a blade that will last my life. Now I have read all of the horror stories, and still want to test them out. I am going to buy a Blades Grim square tip. I know I will hear some feedback in regards to this. However, the question I have is: Rosewood, or Carbon fiber scales? Is there really a difference besides the appearance. I feel that the wood could rot or warp over time. Any thoughts on the scale would be appreciated! Thanks!

Hello and welcome. Great to have you here on B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself more fully.

Welcome and burn you burn. Seriously, get what YOU want. If it doesn't work out ah well. Don't let the "Man tell you what to do!" You might look at Hart (I could be wrong but I think the same guys own both now).

Most important thing YOU are comfortable with YOUR razors and YOU are getting comfortable shaves.

Thank you for the replies. I would assume the CF would be much lighter than the wood. But in regards to durability with the proper care no difference?

CF may be less prone to scratching, depending on finish. More water proof. Neither huge issues. I'm a fan of wood though.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
We take exception to your use of the term "burn at the stake". Our preferred method of execution by lethal injection has been in place since 2008, when we entered into a long term agreement with the manufacturers of The Veg.

I have some wood scaled razors, and really have no issues with them. It's not like you are soaking them for hours or anything. (Well, at least you shouldn't be.)
Weight will probably not be a significant difference with the small amount of material you are dealing with.

Go for the one that you like the looks of the best. Better yet, get one of each! Then you won't have to decide!

yeah so do brushes, and soaps. Also it appears strops do. . .uh oh, the LOTH wont be too happy with me taking over her sink also

Top Bottom