What's new

Non tailor made suits- separate jackets and trousers?

Who sells them separately. I hate how the pants wear out much faster than the jacket and was wondering who sells them separately?

The J. C. Penney line of Stafford suits can be bought as separates. Fairly conservative styles. Penney's seems to have frequent sales in the men's dept.

Edit: I forgot that Jos. A. Bank also sells several lines of separates (more $ than the Penney's stuff).

Last edited:
Macy's too. I have a Calvin Klein suit that I bought there. I needed it right away and didn't have time to get a "real" suit tailored (although I still got it tailored later on). I was there last weekend and saw a bunch on sale.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Beware.

If the pants and jacket are made with cloth from different dye lots, the colour can be off a bit, causing a suprisingly bad look to your 'suit'. Hopefully if you buy all the pieces at the same time you might have a better chance of getting pieces all from the same dye lot, but there is no guarantee. Coming back a year later to buy an extra pair of pants ... good luck.

Of course, if you can buy in person rather than over the internet, you stand a better chance, too.

Top Bottom