What's new

Non-tacky menthol

Gents,

I’m just about at the end of my big bottle of Proraso Green splash/spray (I bought the atomiser). I have a few Clubman and Lucky Tiger splashes I also use for variety but I like to have a big bottle of AS on the go as my mainstay.

Whilst I love the menthol feeling of the Proraso I am less satisfied with the tackiness it leaves on my skin. I always follow a/s with a balm (usually Nivea sensitive) as I have dry skin. None of my other splashes leave my skin feeling tacky. In fact the opposite, always powdery and a pleasure to stroke my own face to analyse the effectiveness of my efforts in this hobby I love so much.

Are there menthol, reasonably priced, alternatives to Proraso that don’t leave tackiness? (I’m guessing it’s from the Glycerin levels.)

You could try the new Floid which comes in 150 and 400ml and has a nice portion of menthol. I find Proraso Red sometimes sticky the Green not really.

Another nice one is Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore - Vanilla/Tobacco Toscano/Eukalyptus

Lots of choices for menthol.

Stirling soap company you can add menthol and extra menthol to all their aftershaves if they don't already come with menthol.

Captain's choice Nor'Easter I like a lot.

Aqua Velva is a classic and a good one I like.

Fine has many good options. I really like Snake Bite
Or make your own which I just did today

lasta

Blade Biter
You could try the new Floid which comes in 150 and 400ml and has a nice portion of menthol. I find Proraso Red sometimes sticky the Green not really.

Another nice one is Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore - Vanilla/Tobacco Toscano/Eukalyptus
+1 on the Floid, although the menthol is light.

You could always add a few menthol crystals to your favorite aftershave.

Thanks all. I think I’ll give aqua velva a shot. They don’t seem to do it in bigger bottles though?

Will give skin bracer a go too.

Which Floid is it called (with menthol in), is it ‘the genuine’? Although I think extra menthol belongs only in the AS that have it as an ingredient anyway, I have crystals so will add some more to Floid if required.

Thanks all. I think I’ll give aqua velva a shot. They don’t seem to do it in bigger bottles though?

Will give skin bracer a go too.

Which Floid is it called (with menthol in), is it ‘the genuine’? Although I think extra menthol belongs only in the AS that have it as an ingredient anyway, I have crystals so will add some more to Floid if required.
There is a new and only Floid version around. To me it has a bit more menthol than the previous version.

4E2BF68D-063F-44B4-BABB-B04D6C9E914F.jpeg

Top Bottom