What's new

Non russian alternative to Polsilver super iridium ?

So I need more stock, but I would prefer to not purchase anything from russia anymore. Is there a good alternative blade that behaves similar to the Polsilver Super Iridiums? Thanks!
Few possible alternatives:
What are your thoughts on
1. Gillette 7 o’clock super platinum (India )are they offer similar experience?
Found them on eBay for $14 per 100 very reasonable cost in my opinion

2. Treet Platinum (Pakistan) around $12 for 100 on eBay

Last edited:
As I suggested in another thread you posted an inquiry, Look into Lord Int'l in Egypt. They have several blades lines they mfg and most have a pretty good rep... I prefer the Shark Super Chrome as they are a sharp / smooth blade and can be purchased most places starting around $9 /100pk...

German Wilkinson Swords are smooth and long-lasting like Polsilver. They may not be quite as sharp, but they are still plenty sharp enough for me.

Another approach might be to see if you can find some Wizamet SI blades (Polish) from before they moved production to Russia. These are excellent blades IME! :a14::a14:

Personna makes a great blade under many different brands. I’d check out their offerings. Polsilvers are great but i actually like Lab Blue’s and Viking’s Sword better.

20190211_195711.jpg

All of these blades are pretty affordable , the rest is testing to find the best for your face and razor you use (ymmv as always)

Another approach might be to see if you can find some Wizamet SI blades (Polish) from before they moved production to Russia. These are excellent blades IME! :a14::a14:
I agree...The original Lodz Wizamet Polsilvers can still be found, and the quality is superb!...My last purchase was from shaving.ie in Ireland , honest guys to deal with...

I will make an order of try blades from razor club or tryablade based on recommendation
I will not order out of production Polsilver Poland(rather expensive), I will not order shark, Super max , Derby (dull blade) I have tried already
List so far
1. Gillette 7 o’clock platinum from India
2. Wilkinson from Germany
3. Personna from Israel
4. Personna from USA
5. Bic Greece
6. Treet platinum Pakistan
7. Lord Egypt
8.Dorco Korea

All great suggestions so far! These are all great blades IME.

Super-max blue diamond titanium
Silver Star
Dorco Prime
Israeli Personna's
Gillette Wilkinson Sword (the Chinese variant)

The closest blade I found most similar to the Polsilver Super Iridium was the Super-Max Blue Diamond Titanium, the Super-Max Diamond Edge and the Dorco Prime are also on the sharper end close to the Polsilver Super Iridium.

The other blades made by Super-Max and Dorco didn’t work well for me.

I’ve read good reviews on the Silver Star but have never tried them as well as the Derby Premium.

The Polsilver Super Iridium are my favorite blades that are currently still in production as well as the Gillette 7oclock black from India.

As always YMMV.

I saw wizamet iridium 250 blades for $50 on the bay, date of production 2017, country of origin Russia
I thought Wizamet Iridium Super were made before the Polsilver Super Iridium?Their identical blades before they changed the name and packaging to the current ones which is the Polsilver Super Iridium that comes in the black and blue box with 5 blades instead of 10 blades per box that comes with the Wizamet Iridium Super label that were both made in Russia.

When I first tried the Polsilver Super Iridium was around 2014 which came in the same box of 5 blades each that are the ones currently available. I thought the Wizamet Iridium Super that’s currently being sold on eBay with 250 blades were manufactured at least before 2014 in Russia and were later changed to the current Polsilver Super Iridium box, the blades itself looks the same and I can’t really tell any difference between them.

I bought 100 of the Wizamet blades, smoother not as sharp as PolSilver.
Wow! I just checked the prices. They have really gone up. I paid around $20 for 100

So I need more stock, but I would prefer to not purchase anything from russia

Sorry for the question, maybe it will be seem to be a dull one, but don't you want to purchase anything from Russia or anything of Russian origin? This discussion has any reason only if it is the latter. If it's the former though (as your wording suggest) - please be informed that Polsilver isn't distributed in Russia and it's practically impossible to buy it from there. According to sticker on the 100-blade pack, it is made in Russia and imported to:
  • Romania
  • Moldova
  • Bulgaria
  • Serbia
  • Montenegro
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina
  • North Macedonia (formerly Macedonia)
  • Poland
  • Albania
So, there are plenty of Polsilver vendors in Bulgaria, why not buy the blades from them, if you do not want to buy in Russia?

Top Bottom