What's new

Non-OC GEM razor good for mustache area

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Thanks @Ron R !

I have the Peerless version of the Clog-Pruf.
Right on, it is a good mid range razor. When I got mine from the big auction house on line I realized the previous owner must of been using pre-shave oils of some sort because it was a lot work to remove the almost tar like substance, but with perseverance in was removed and have enjoyed it for some time now in my large ASR razor rotation.

Right on, it is a good mid range razor. When I got mine from the big auction house on line I realized the previous owner must of been using pre-shave oils of some sort because it was a lot work to remove the almost tar like substance, but with perseverance in was removed and have enjoyed it for some time now in my large ASR razor rotation.
I am sorry you had to do all that extra cleaning!
Fortunately, mine was clean.

Thanks again for your razor recommendations!

Today I shaved with the MMOC.
I really was bracing myself for a lot of blade feel and a super aggressive shave and I was pleasantly surprised to get one of the best shaves ever!

I have never liked open combs for any blade format until now. This is the first open comb that did not have excessive blade feel. This has to be the best GEM shave I have had so far and one of the best shaves no matter what blade format. I used a full spine shim since this MMOC is bumpless.

For now on, I will not excluded open comb GEM razors from my den.

2022-11-08-MMOC-Shave.JPG

Growth: Two day beard
Prep: Warm shower: Stirling Sheep bar soap
Pre: Washed face with Stirling unscented pre-shave soap then reapplied before lathering (warm water).
Brush: Rudy Vey 25mm STF
Lather : Razorock XXX Italian shaving soap
Bowl: Dirty Bird shave bowl
Blade: GEM Personna SS (D4)
Razor: Micromatic Open Comb (MMOC), bumpless version, full spine shim
Post: unscented Stirling witch hazel and PAA Mysterium Serum

Today I shaved with the MMOC.
I really was bracing myself for a lot of blade feel and a super aggressive shave and I was pleasantly surprised to get one of the best shaves ever!

I have never liked open combs for any blade format until now. This is the first open comb that did not have excessive blade feel. This has to be the best GEM shave I have had so far and one of the best shaves no matter what blade format. I used a full spine shim since this MMOC is bumpless.

For now on, I will not excluded open comb GEM razors from my den.

View attachment 1553557
Growth: Two day beard
Prep: Warm shower: Stirling Sheep bar soap
Pre: Washed face with Stirling unscented pre-shave soap then reapplied before lathering (warm water).
Brush: Rudy Vey 25mm STF
Lather : Razorock XXX Italian shaving soap
Bowl: Dirty Bird shave bowl
Blade: GEM Personna SS (D4)
Razor: Micromatic Open Comb (MMOC), bumpless version, full spine shim
Post: unscented Stirling witch hazel and PAA Mysterium Serum
Glad to hear you had a great shave!

Top Bottom