What's new

Non-Fluoride Toothpaste

Is anyone going the no fluoride route with their toothpaste with good results? I have no dental issues and do the recommended cleanings every six months. My only gripe with the all natural non-fluoride toothpastes I've tried is that my mouth doesn't feel particularly clean afterwards. I'd like to eliminate fluoride altogether, even though brushing for two minutes twice a day is safe. Any recommendations?
I like having teeth. Will stick to fluoride 😀

I bought a powdered toothpaste. Was not crazy about the flavor but my mouth never felt cleaner, even when I was using crest. Don't have then name as I decanted, but I got it on etsy.

There is some version of this Marvis stuff I got without fluoride it’s made in itali and works great me and the wife hart spear mint and jasmine they taste great

Is anyone going the no fluoride route with their toothpaste with good results?
Yep. :001_smile

Baking-Soda_2020-02-19.jpg

Straight Baking Soda. So easy, so cheap, and the liquid it builds in the mouth while brushing (and before spitting out) makes a great mouthwash.
I have no dental issues and do the recommended cleanings every six months.
Same here. My hygienist always tells me "whatever you're doing, keep on doing it."
I'd like to eliminate fluoride altogether, even though brushing for two minutes twice a day is safe.
Way to go! :cornut:

As I posted above I am using Couto Toothpaste from Portugal, available from Amazon among other places in states or direct from Portugal for much less from sweetcare.pt, is wonderful and will leave you mouth feeling scrubbed clean. Supposed to be very good for your gums, too. I liked the way Marvis tasted, but my mouth never felt that clean and I seemed to get a build up of plaque.

However, I want to keep my teeth, particularly around the gum line, so after brushing with Couto I use a prescription strength fluoride toothpaste, prescribed by my dentist. As far medical care, I would be very circumspect about getting dental advice from a shaving forum or from the internet in general. My conclusion is that the addition of fluoride to public drinking water has done more for dental health than anything else has. I, personally, am just not a conspiracy buff.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Is anyone going the no fluoride route with their toothpaste with good results? I have no dental issues and do the recommended cleanings every six months. My only gripe with the all natural non-fluoride toothpastes I've tried is that my mouth doesn't feel particularly clean afterwards. I'd like to eliminate fluoride altogether, even though brushing for two minutes twice a day is safe. Any recommendations?
I did. I didn’t take the fluoride is bad for you until I watched a video of a biochemist explaining how bad it was. I went through a tube of Tom’s but it was too wet and fell off the toothbrush before I could get in in my mouth. In the grocery one day, I saw Dr. Sheffield’s toothpaste (mint) and tried it. It is the bomb. Really great stuff. I ordered two from Amazon yesterday. You have to try this! Dr. Sheffield was the first to manufacture tooth paste and the first to put into a tube. Check it on Amazon - description and reviews.

I did. I didn’t take the fluoride is bad for you until I watched a video of a biochemist explaining how bad it was. I went through a tube of Tom’s but it was too wet and fell off the toothbrush before I could get in in my mouth. In the grocery one day, I saw Dr. Sheffield’s toothpaste (mint) and tried it. It is the bomb. Really great stuff. I ordered two from Amazon yesterday. You have to try this! Dr. Sheffield was the first to manufacture tooth paste and the first to put into a tube. Check it on Amazon - description and reviews.

Just ordered a two pack off of flea bay. I currently use arm and hammer.

Top Bottom