What's new

Non-Comedogenic Shaving Cream

anthony logistics (rather expensive) is allergy tested, frag free, etc..not sure on the non comodogenic, but their stuff feels good on my face. I can't do alcohol toners because it just feels like i'm doing damage, but I will continue to experiment with soaps/creams as well.

Searched the boards/net and found this? Does anyone use this? I see a non lathering version, but the cream you could lather as normal, correct?

http://www.shopwiki.com/_Vanicream+Robathol+Shave+Cream

Last edited:
Does anyone know of any good non-comedogenic shaving creams that are meant to be lathered with a shaving brush. I've just started wet shaving and am enjoying it, but I have occasional acne problems and was informed that I should be using a non-comedogenic shaving cream instead of the TOBS that I started with. The problem is the only non-comedogenic creams I see online don't look like they're meant to be used with a shaving brush. I don't want to give up my badger brush, so please let me know if you know of any creams that might work for me.

Welcome to the B&B DH.

I am going to sugest that you move in another direction, going to shaving soaps- Triple milled soaps are what you are looking for.

DR Harris would be a good choice. Many of the creams listed above are super fatted and have parabens in them, not good for your skin over the long haul.
When soaps are made, the fatty acids are converted to salts, so you do not have the same issues as a superfatted cream loaded with chemicals.

I have several young men at work that I have assisted in getting started wetshaving each of them had problematic skin, all have reported good results,and much clearer skin a with the above soap.

Best of luck to you-

Last edited:
I seem to be having some issues with clogged pores. Not excessively and surprisingly, not on my neck. I'm continuing my standard process for now but may have to change if it continues. I usually have oily skin. I had terrible ingrown hair problems on my neck and most of them seem to be healing and clearing up (albeit slowly because I still shave everyday) but now I am getting what looks like acne on my cheeks. I guess I'd rather have some minor acne than ingrowns though and I still can't tell if it acne or ingrowns. Could be irritation as well because I'm still working on technique.

Pre-shave oil helps to lubricate your skin and it prevents nicking, cutting, and irritation. A dime-sized amount in the palm of your hand is all that is needed, dime sized not enough, silver dollar sized amount should do the trick on a slightly larger face. You will want massage it thoroughly into your beard, this helps to soften your whiskers and it also keeps the razor gliding across your skin, remember we love it when a razor glides.

http://www.evitalhealth.com/

One of the Pears bath soaps is that type formulation and will work as a shave soap.IIRC the box is labelled as such.

Did anyone ever have luck finding or creating a non comedogenic soap to use with a brush? Newbie here!
As far as I can tell, Speick shaving cream is non comedogenic. I've ran it's ingredients through some online ingredients checkers (e.g. Skin Charisma) and it seems to do well.

Aqua, Potassium Stearate, Potassium Palmitate, Potassium Cocoate, Glycerin, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Palmitate, Sodium Cocoate, Cera Alba, Potassium Myristate, Cetyl Palmitate, Sodium Myristate, Lavandula Angustifolia Oil, Valeriana Celtica Extract, Parfum, Sodium Silicate, Sodium Thiosulfate, Limonene, Linalool.

Top Bottom