What's new

Nominations for SOTY (soap of the year)…

In looking over my posts for the year, I would have to say that my favorite soap for 2022 has been Stirling Sheep. Unscented, it's made from sheep tallow, which yields a slicker lather which I enjoy, slicker than, say their beef tallow line of soaps. As unscented, there is perhaps the slightest lingering odor of the barn which really doesn't bother me at all. And as unscented, it means that I can pair it up with just about anything else, bay rum with a dab of 444 post-shave balm added for a cool-down effect being one of my day-to-day favorites there. Yet the soap's so slick and conditioning to the skin that it can stand alone as well. I'm going to have to try their Electric Sheep soap soon. Too bad they don't come out with more scents with the sheep tallow soap.

In looking over my posts for the year, I would have to say that my favorite soap for 2022 has been Stirling Sheep. Unscented, it's made from sheep tallow, which yields a slicker lather which I enjoy, slicker than, say their beef tallow line of soaps. As unscented, there is perhaps the slightest lingering odor of the barn which really doesn't bother me at all. And as unscented, it means that I can pair it up with just about anything else, bay rum with a dab of 444 post-shave balm added for a cool-down effect being one of my day-to-day favorites there. Yet the soap's so slick and conditioning to the skin that it can stand alone as well. I'm going to have to try their Electric Sheep soap soon. Too bad they don't come out with more scents with the sheep tallow soap.
Would this be their take on “Mitchell’s Wool Fat?”

BTW, tried their “Electric Sheep,” was not impressed.

Not as cooling as implied. 😕

My pick if it's relegated to 2022 releases as opposed to soaps I tried for the first time in 2022.
proxy.php
GREAT soap.

Unfortunately, a little too similar to their ‘Sea Spice Lime” to make it distinctive enough.

Released in 2020 but it is my favourite soap scent of all time. I love the stuff and am on my 3rd tub.

If you haven’t tried Noble Otter Rawr, it is worth getting if you like Paganini’s Violin. Very similar scent style.
Wasn't the 2020 Release in Soft Heart, not Omnibus? I will have to check out Rawr.

My nomination, Varen, is basically Stirling sheep but with a strong fougere scent. Also check out Glastonbury and Scotts Pine Sheep.
Thanks for the suggestions. I looked these up, and apart from the Scots Pine, the others seem to be out of stock. Other mutton tallow soaps are also at low levels which leads me to wonder if they are phasing out the mutton tallow soaps (which would really be too bad) of if the low stock levels are related to a seasonal culling or something like that.

Thanks for the suggestions. I looked these up, and apart from the Scots Pine, the others seem to be out of stock. Other mutton tallow soaps are also at low levels which leads me to wonder if they are phasing out the mutton tallow soaps (which would really be too bad) of if the low stock levels are related to a seasonal culling or something like that.
TopOfTheChain in Canada has Stirling sheep soaps. It could be that the sheep base is being phased out.

TopOfTheChain in Canada has Stirling sheep soaps. It could be that the sheep base is being phased out.
Yes, Stirling have share a couple of month ago that they don’t have access to mutton tallow trough their supplier anymore for the foreseeable future so they had to stop the production of their mutton base soap

A late addition to the slate of entries:

B&M Atomic Holiday

This is a very addictively scented limited edition Omnibus soap. For a while, I was missing my sense of smell, likely due to Covid, and could not sense much of the scent from a sample I had ordered. I took a leap of faith and ordered a full set anyway. I am very glad I did as this soap from the tub is wonderful.
"Comprised of pineapple, lime, bergamot, labdanum, and ozone, Atomic Holiday is thrillingly optimistic, a bright, cheery fragrance for even the darkest Winter nights."

The soap is named in honor of Enrico Fermi's amazing achievement: "On December 2nd, 1942, Fermi and his team did the seemingly impossible: they successfully tested the first man-made nuclear reactor."

Ethos ShaveMD - was a nice tribute to Mark and is a scent I could only call sprite/ginger ale. It smells really nice in the warmer months, but I’ll use it tomorrow. Legendary lather and a percentage goes to the Ronald McDonald charity.

Top Bottom