What's new

Nominations for SOTY (soap of the year)…

It’s that time of the year again when lists of the BEST of the year begin to pop up everywhere, so why not best SOAP of the year?

I’ll kick it off. Coming in at number one for me, this year, is….

Zingari Man’s “Traditionalist” -

DA1ABB7B-096D-43AE-94BD-62D179FDAE4F.jpeg

I’ve already sang its praises in a previous post, but allow me to reiterate - this soap from “Zingari Man” so blew me away (with a sample alone!), that I immediately purchased an entire tub! It’s just a reallly well made “barbershop” scent, whose slight sweetness isn’t overwhelming (like others of its ilk can tend to be), and whose powdery scent somehow manages to maintain an integral masculinity. Plus, the performance, especially considering its a vegan soap, is amazing! 😍

Runner up for me, this year, would have to be Lothur’s “Tears” -

F1846109-6A74-41D8-91A3-560F5E2CEFEA.jpeg

Despite the horrible name (“I’d like to order a tub of “Tears,” please?😳), “Lothur“ manages to pull off one of the loveliest floral acents you’ll ever smell from a men’s shaving soap, while not letting you smell like your wife/girlfriend. Again, like Zingari, perfomance is exceptional, producing a rich, thick lather every time.

How ‘bout you, gents?

What soaps did you discover this year that you feel deserve the accolade of “soap of the year?” 🤔🥇🏆

Feel free to post your nominations here.

Thanks for participating! 👍🏼😊

With so many fantastic soap bases out there it's difficult for me to narrow it down to a specific brand, my choice is mostly based on scent. I find Mousse Illuminee by Zingari Man absolutely incredible.. props to Manuel Cross for creating an AMAZING fragrance and combined with the sego base it's a perfect 10/10 in my book. 👍

I have two nominations. One tallow and one vegan

Tallow nomination: Speick stick
455F9BC8-F5DC-4C2D-BB0D-25ADFC518A33.jpeg

Vegan nomination: While I have both the tallow and vegan versions of Speick I haven’t used the vegan version yet so I’m going to have to exclude the vegan version from consideration. So my vegan nomination is MdC. I have MdC in original and fougere and both are amazing soaps
FF4A1462-1546-4D9D-8F43-C4E79646C1B1.jpeg
9C999318-FE86-4663-A7BB-55AB831BD214.jpeg

With so many fantastic soap bases out there it's difficult for me to narrow it down to a specific brand, my choice is mostly based on scent. I find Mousse Illuminee by Zingari Man absolutely incredible.. props to Manuel Cross for creating an AMAZING fragrance and combined with the sego base it's a perfect 10/10 in my book. 👍
What’s it SMELL like, friend? 🤔

BTW, isn’t it Heather who is behind all the SCENTS?

I have two nominations. One tallow and one vegan

Tallow nomination: Speick stick View attachment 1570293

Vegan nomination: While I have both the tallow and vegan versions of Speick I haven’t used the vegan version yet so I’m going to have to exclude the vegan version from consideration. So my vegan nomination is MdC. I have MdC in original and fougere and both are amazing soaps View attachment 1570298View attachment 1570299
Thanks for participating, bro, but I was hoping for NEWER, more recently produced entries on this thread.

Both “Speick” and “MDC” are so well known in the wet shaving community to be practically “ESTABLISHMENT” brands.

(BTW, FWIW, “Speick” also makes both a “kick ***” aftershave balm and deodorant! 😉💈)

For me if Cream is allowed since it beat my SV and others is the Captains Choice cream
never would have thought that at all !

I like the artisan of the ones I have tried all are great all are so close none of them stood out though
but the CC Cream from first try made me think I forgot to put a blade in it was so comfy :)

Reactions: GNR
Thanks for participating, bro, but I was hoping for NEWER, more recently produced entries on this thread.

Both “Speick” and “MDC” are so well known in the wet shaving community to be practically “ESTABLISHMENT” brands.

(BTW, FWIW, “Speick” also makes both a “kick ***” aftershave balm and deodorant! 😉💈)
I can work with this. If seasonals are allowed I’d probably go with Stirling’s Oud Sigma
22790F4F-973F-4631-AB90-48FBAC3BC9B4.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I really enjoy this new Yaqi Musketeer rapier scented soap, Yaqi commissioned Master soap creations S.A, to make their line of soaps and aftershaves. The scent is suppose to be close to Aramis classic scent, very nice musk scent with excellent lather qualities with easy clean up of brushes also.
I have not seen the Musketeer rapier soap for sale for some time, it sold out kind of quickly. I use to have some Aramis cologne many years ago and not sure how close it is to this scent.
SOTD October 27 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Top Bottom