What's new

Nominate your 2013 Shave Soap!

For the year 2013 what Shave Soap, was your highlight shave soap. One that you had not used before and actually tried during 2013. I had several as 2013 was the year I tried MdC, RazoRocks XX, QCS Fougere, Klar Kabbinett, and Barrister & Mann. My shave soap will be Solstice from Barrister and Mann. It just seem to be the shave soap that I always reached for no matter what the occassion. I love the peppermint scent and the shave soaps just leaves my skin feeling great. The shave lather seems to provide me the perfect protection and glide on every shave. So for 2013 Solstice from Barrister and Mann is my 2013 Shave Soap of the Year.

Mitchell's wool fat

I truly love the scent, I can lather it just fine, but the coolest thing was joining The Order of the Fat, a great bunch of guys over there we have been having a lot of light hearted fun and they have made me feel very welcome.

Remember this has to be a soap that you had not used until 2013 so do indicate that this was your first year to try the shave soap you nominate.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
Petal Pusher Fancies. Best shaving soap I've used out of the 10 I've tried this year.

The others are:

Arko, Cella, Tabac, Mitchell's, Mike's, Panna Crema, TOBS Jermyn St, Speick, D.R. Harris Windsor.

Plenty more to try in hopes of finding something even better, but overall I can't stress enough how great PPF is.

My first stick of Synergy probably won't be here until the new year, so I don't see my pick changing.

EDIT: I forgot, I also tried QCS this year. So out of 11 soaps.

Last edited:

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Well, I checked my year of shaves from the 365 Shaves thread, allowing me to see every shave soap and and cream I used this year in order to make my decision. The winner for me was not even a soap, it was Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet shave cream, in the big old hefty jar. If I had to stick strictly to the soaps I have used this year, then the award goes to Arko.

I was a shaving cream man for 20 yrs pre-2013. 2013 brought me to soaps.

MWF is the best soap I've tried. Valobra soft soaps are second.

I didn't even known there was such a thing as shaving soap before 2013. I thought you either used shaving cream from a can or a tube...
QCS Fougere (croap) is my current favorite so I'll go with that.
Others that have been favorites at various points this year:
* Irisch Moos
* Tabac
* Mikes Pine and Cedarwood
* Mystic Water Cedar and Sage, Viola di Bosco
* Mama Bear Dragon's Blood

New to me soaps this yearare Barrister & Mann, LASS, Strop Shoppe, and Mike's. A good year I'd say.

Mike's Hungarian Lavender and LASS's Topanga Fougere tie for my best of the year discoveries.

Last edited:
I had only tried one shaving soap prior to 2013. I've since tried a bunch: Old Spice, Mikes, RazoRock, etc. A big shout out to Rockviper for sending me some to try, I'm almost through sampling them all. If I had to nominate just one my favourite so far is RazoRock Third Eye.

Top Bottom