What's new

Nominate Blades #4 and #5

I'm fairly well satisfied with the following blades (in no particular order): Gillette Nacet, Gillette Silver Blue and Wizamet Super Iridium.

Being the cautious type and wanting to hedge my supplies against future shortages/outrageous price hikes, I'ld like to add two additional blades to my lineup. Maybe something smoother and/long-lasting? Cheaper?

Proud owner of old-man-gray beard, course and dense.

I don't mind trial and error (working my way through blade samplers) but have more faith in the expertise residing here.

Thanks Folks. Truly appreciate any help.

Gillette 7 O’Clock Super Platinum (black package) or Gillette Platinum. They’re fairly similar to the three blades you listed.

KAIs, Derby Premiums, and Dorco Primes. I've got a fairly coarse set of whiskers, too, and find these deliver at least 4 very good shaves. I favor milder razors and these perform well for me in them.

I'll second the Indian Wilkinson Sword and the Dorco Prime. The Shark SS are another good cheap blade for me, but not as smooth.

Looks like our tastes are generally similar. For what it is worth, my ‘top-tier’ in no particular order:
Personna red
Personna lab (or med preps)
GSB
Nacet
Astra SP
Wizamet SI (or Polsilvers)
:a29:

I also love the Wizamet SI and Gillette Nacet. To round out my top 5 I have Kai, Gillette Platinum, and Sharp Hi Platinum

A blade sampler with a variety of blades from different manufacturers and different countries is still the best advice.

Having said that, some DE blades that have worked well for me would include:
U.S. Personna - made by Accutec (Lab Blues and Med Preps)
German Wilkinson Sword
Derby Premium
Shark Super Stainless
Kai

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Kai(extra wide), Personna reds, Personna lab blue(comfort coated), Rapira Lux, Gillette Wilkinson sword saloon(India), Gillette 7oCock SP(India)

Top Bottom